SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January Banter Thread

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ahh yeah I missed that part somehow. skimming bad posters...

Sensitive after yday.. the usual crew who always predicts no snow for DC no matter what was mocking people for seeing a pattern.

Last season in early February (around the Super Bowl storm), plenty of posters were telling everybody else-- in the discussion thread, not banter-- to give it up, stop chasing, stop looking at the models. It's not going to snow no matter what.  

I agree with you-- I was annoyed by all that last season too. 

That person calls a coastal with every modeled storm, so, probably.

yeah that was my take too. anyway I think most have been on the coastal train since it was a viable thing but they also didn't ignore the primary killing the airmass.

I do not call a coastal with every System. and to end this right now Everyone here 5-7 days ago was saying this was going to cut west of the apps and we would have 50s-60s. I was the only one that said it was going to be a coastal. Just yesterday people were saying it was going to go east and miss. ITS NOT MISSING. Models Love to move things east then move them west last minute. it has happened with Multiple storms over the past few years. Many of many of the MILLER A storms we have hit were forecasted to go east in the mid range to late short range only to have a player bring them back NW or W. many of the lakes storms last year were shown to go east only to correct hundreds of miles west. Some systems like the one Saturday had a reason to go east. There was Nothing to stop the energy from digging and swinging wide. ANOTHER THING i not ONCE said this would be a "blizzard "Massive snow storm" "Massive ice storm" NONE OF THAT. i said northern MD had a chance at some snow and there still is a VERY LOW chance and i am talking near the PA line south of there i said NO CHANCE. Western MD-PA have a greater shot and north of there its a all out snowstorm. JUST because it isn't a snowstorm here don't mean i am wrong. I have Proved this would be a coastal storm and that's exactly whats going to happen. Just a touch to warm. Touch being ill stay in the 30s with northern MD while southern-eastern area's touch the 40s. By no means is this a 60 degree coastal rainstorm. Models will probably waffle with the storm now But its not going to miss. Best chance of snow and ice is far western MD and if a cold trend starts west of 81 is game. LWX max snow has this map pretty much aligned to what i am saying. Everything i have said about snow potential has never said massive snowstorm for anyone. Most will get rain but some will get some mix or snow. Anyone throwing a stick at the Later storm is Crazy with how model performance has been all year. Faster and stronger vort will make a huge difference also the location it enters the west coast and the lat it sits in the South. Over 48 hours huge shifts can still happen and groundhog day is just one of the many examples. You want to harp or talk about me make sure you get the FACTS straight. I was also ONE of the last people here to think Sunday has a chance and the only reason i believe it does is i believe it will be faster and better phased then the models are putting out right now. Models are not perfect and i don't use every solution. i go with Gut and the trends at 500mb. Trend map rarely has failed me. End of story

post-12800-0-48017800-1452790645_thumb.j

post-12800-0-36379700-1452791355_thumb.p

post-12800-0-87343500-1452791892_thumb.g

I do not call a coastal with every System. and to end this right now Everyone here 5-7 days ago was saying this was going to cut west of the apps and we would have 50s-60s. I was the only one that said it was going to be a coastal. Just yesterday people were saying it was going to go east and miss. ITS NOT MISSING. Models Love to move things east then move them west last minute. it has happened with Multiple storms over the past few years. Many of many of the MILLER A storms we have hit were forecasted to go east in the mid range to late short range only to have a player bring them back NW or W. many of the lakes storms last year were shown to go east only to correct hundreds of miles west. Some systems like the one Saturday had a reason to go east. There was Nothing to stop the energy from digging and swinging wide. ANOTHER THING i not ONCE said this would be a "blizzard "Massive snow storm" "Massive ice storm" NONE OF THAT. i said northern MD had a chance at some snow and there still is a VERY LOW chance and i am talking near the PA line south of there i said NO CHANCE. Western MD-PA have a greater shot and north of there its a all out snowstorm. JUST because it isn't a snowstorm here don't mean i am wrong. I have Proved this would be a coastal storm and that's exactly whats going to happen. Just a touch to warm. Touch being ill stay in the 30s with northern MD while southern-eastern area's touch the 40s. By no means is this a 60 degree coastal rainstorm. Models will probably waffle with the storm now But its not going to miss. Best chance of snow and ice is far western MD and if a cold trend starts west of 81 is game. LWX max snow has this map pretty much aligned to what i am saying. Everything i have said about snow potential has never said massive snowstorm for anyone. Most will get rain but some will get some mix or snow. Anyone throwing a stick at the Later storm is Crazy with how model performance has been all year. Faster and stronger vort will make a huge difference also the location it enters the west coast and the lat it sits in the South. Over 48 hours huge shifts can still happen and groundhog day is just one of the many examples. You want to harp or talk about me make sure you get the FACTS straight. I was also ONE of the last people here to think Sunday has a chance and the only reason i believe it does is i believe it will be faster and better phased then the models are putting out right now. Models are not perfect and i don't use every solution. i go with Gut and the trends at 500mb. Trend map rarely has failed me. End of story

Don't take it the wrong way.  They are just having fun with you.

I don't think it's that far fetched either provided there is actually a storm.  That's where my skepticism lies.  Will there be a storm close enough to matter.

post-108-0-54888400-1452793151_thumb.jpg

Archived