Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Attention All Philly Subforum Members

Rjay

Attention All Philly Subforum Members  

161 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to merge with the NYC subforum?

• Yes
    • No

I dunno - I'm pretty much a NYC guy, growing up in Jersey City.  I live halfway between Philly and NYC now, and while my sprit is more with NY, I can always post there, and definitely enjoy reading in that forum. 

OTOH, I'm no expert, and not that frequent a poster anyhow.  I've grown accustomed to things as they are, and will vote against merger.   

I can live with whatever happens, though, and can be persuaded to change my vote, but want to kick the issue downfield for now.

i get it now...just read the ny version of this thread...mods are pissed at the quality of the ny forum and are hoping that adding us reasonable philly folk will improve things...in other words, it has nothing to do with improving the Philly forum, and everything to do with trying to drown out the yanksfans of the world...that tells me everything I need to know...I hope people vote, or change their votes, accordingly...

F0577067-01FC-4C26-BC63-15DF496C3527_zps

why are ny people so invested in merging with philly? It would be like cats and dogs living together...mass hysteria, pretty much...what I'm saying is we're good...

^Yep, exactly.

Things are cool here. We don't any drama....bickering. Having a crappy winter so far doesn't help out post count/attendance. Sometimes simple is better...leave it be.

Just an outsider pov, wouldn't it make more sense to merge with, oh I don't know, the rest of the PA people instead of NY?

Totally blame you all for weatherguy aka cape may dude, aka AGW lover who **** up the MA forum until yesterday.

Makes sense to me - new poll

But where would Ray make his posts for over the river  :(

Seriously, why do we have to merge any subforums? Things seem to be purring right along.

Forkys suggestion (as it use to be) to merge everyone and call it Northeast would be a nightmare after having subforums. A bunch of IMBY's..."it's a hit"...."it missed"...N..S..E..W. Everyone would be confused and have to sort through countless pages of BS only to realize I wasted my time.

As a newer member I don't see I personally don't see the need to merge unless there is some sort of server/mod shortage that necessitates it. I tend to pop on all the different east coast forums for different takes on different storms. Climatologically areas might be "similar", but in reality with winter storms (the reason most of these forums get most of their traffic) drastic differences can pop up.

Now those saying merge will point out there could be different threads for different areas in the subforum. Frankly it can be quite easy to get onto the wrong thread and get confused (even in the existing subforums). Having to switch subforums keeps everyone clear on the location focus of discussions. Yes other forums might make it work, but I think the population density and focus of those members differs.

You guys complain about lack of posts so they offer a option and the reaction is like its the worst thing in the world. Philly and NY have been together before and it was working until a few posters got greedy. Most of the main suspects have left to others boards or have been banned. We have a solid mod team now that actually does there job and wants to work to make the board better. Will there be bumps and stuff to be iron out absolutely, that's with any merger. A man once said you can achieve your greatest accomplishments when you step outside your comfort zone....

Fun times back in the day when there were no separate forums. Now that was madness mayhem during snow storms on the model runs, wow crazy times.

I'm good with the way it is now but i also spend time visiting a couple other forums to gather my thoughts and post some info.

No offense but isn't this your first weather side post in 2 years? No being subjective here, but it's seems you found a home elsewhere and wouldn't really be affected by a change

You guys complain about lack of posts so they offer a option and the reaction is like its the worst thing in the world. Philly and NY have been together before and it was working until a few posters got greedy. Most of the main suspects have left to others boards or have been banned. We have a solid mod team now that actually does there job and wants to work to make the board better. Will there be bumps and stuff to be iron out absolutely, that's with any merger. A man once said you can achieve your greatest accomplishments when you step outside your comfort zone....

Great post Allsnow

word

I post here Im a relative newbie but honestly I like the folk here and are highly knowelegable. Irishbri and Tombo brought me in here to read posts but frankly those that are still here I enjoy reading with and experiencing weather with and are somewhat in the local ball park with me geographically. Ie hey Redsky tremendous thunderstorm line just rolled through me and Kamu get ready!! Also love reading Rays post Famaritin he keeps the snow weenie in me grounded. I vote to keep things as is. I will certainly be here to support and read the fine ladies and gents here respectully. I have learned to keep all views and to listen to other weather enthusiasts lesson learned from Tombo.

I hear you...but with the lack of posters on here from philly it would be difficult to sort through the massive amount of posts over there to come across philly ones. I would think that that would lead to even fewer posts from the philly members.

There's a thread called "This forum is dead!". But to be fair I haven't read it since last winter.

well I bumped it for a reason...notice that after we hashed that out a year ago we seemed to be pretty content with the philly forum as it is...obviously we would love more posts but the idea of merging with ny has been pretty much nixed every time it's been brought up...

I'm all for keeping them separate...but isn't it weird how quiet it got? I get that people left with tombo...but his board isn't exactly hopping either.

I think it's many people thought, "I'm sick of following storms which never seem to pan out, no sleep and I should be doing something else, more productive".

Unless weather is your livelihood, people just took a step back.