Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Attention All Philly Subforum Members

Rjay

Attention All Philly Subforum Members  

161 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to merge with the NYC subforum?

• Yes
    • No

Ralph those days are long gone and the few that where leading the charge have gone and left. I feel it would be great for both forums to drum up some more discussion.

This subforum was great back in the day but it is now really beyond dead. I frequent the NYC forum much more even though my location doesn't quite align with the discussion.

I am in Delaware and I go to the Mid Atlantic Forum. This place is dead.

My weather doesn't always conform to DC, but areas as far north as northeast MD do get mentioned which is only 50 miles from Philly. It's also better on the days with a more northern snowstorm where DC gets 2 inches and I am looking at 6 inches and I can feel like I am in the sweet spot VS going to a NYC subforum and feeling like I am getting hosed.

We were better off when we were together. From Maine to the carolinas there are astute participants who had a lot to offer for dc or Philadelphia

Agreed, sub forums definitely fractured discussion on this board. I miss pre sub forum days when everyone just had their own observation discussion threads, and one giant thread on a certain threat. There was so much good info and good posters that I miss now from sub forums. It's a shame some people were too immature and backyard oriented to handle it.

Well I thought about it some more and realized just how to truly dead this subform is. So I am changing my vote... let's merge with the MA or NYC either one

Wouldn't it just be beautiful if this gets suppressed enough so DC-BAL-PHL get destroyed and NYC gets fringed? I think there is a very real chance of that happening by the way. EURO, Ukie, and GEFS definitely with a SE trend tonight

No thanks.

re-thinking this...in the past we always would get at least a little input from some red-taggers in the days leading up to and during  an event...it's clear that's not going to happen anymore (DT's drive-by notwithstanding)...i really like the sort of smaller feel of the philly forum, and everybody is friendly and easy-going...we, for the most part, self-moderate pretty well and the amateurs that post in here are pretty knowledgeable...all that being said, it would be nice to get some pro-met analysis every now and again, and i guess we won't get that absent a merger...

to be clear, i do not think a merger with NY is ever going to be the right thing to do, but i'd be willing to reconsider a merger with the mid-atlantic...my $.02...

This storm is exactly why you shouldn't merge.  Just read the threads from all three subforums.  It's like we're all on different planets.

Yes you could probably make sure you have area specific threads, but that just adds a whole other level of mod involvement constantly telling people to discuss that location somewhere else.  They already look stressed out in NYC and MA just trying to keep those there on topic.

Yes we get less red tag input, but it's easy to pop into a different forum if you really want to.  At least we know here if someone's posting they have a genuine interest in the local of the subforum.

Fwiw....and im trying to word this carefully...if any of you need to pop into the nyc forum to discuss the storm, ask questions, etc...ill make sure you guys dont get the treatment you might receive in other places.

Whaddya mean? Seriously, thanks. I've generally had a good experience posting in the NYC forum. It's not like were that far apart.

re-thinking this...in the past we always would get at least a little input from some red-taggers in the days leading up to and during an event...it's clear that's not going to happen anymore (DT's drive-by notwithstanding)...i really like the sort of smaller feel of the philly forum, and everybody is friendly and easy-going...we, for the most part, self-moderate pretty well and the amateurs that post in here are pretty knowledgeable...all that being said, it would be nice to get some pro-met analysis every now and again, and i guess we won't get that absent a merger...

to be clear, i do not think a merger with NY is ever going to be the right thing to do, but i'd be willing to reconsider a merger with the mid-atlantic...my $.02...

eh, nm...