• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 2016 Disco/Obs: A New Year, A New Pattern

Rjay

Been tracking this storm all week.  Each run is stronger with the short wave from the west coast.and the ECMWF from last night even made it stronger.  I have a feeling this might be the one, and we may even see a phase up.  I had a chance of snow for Sunday in my official forecast fro DSNY since Monday.  It will be interesting to see the upcoming models trends.   At this time, I do feel that there is a chance for a storm.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been tracking this storm all week. Each run is stronger with the short wave from the west coast.and the ECMWF from last night even made it stronger. I have a feeling this might be the one, and we may even see a phase up. I had a chance of snow for Sunday in my official forecast fro DSNY since Monday. It will be interesting to see the upcoming models trends. At this time, I do feel that there is a chance for a storm.

Good stuff, Mitchel. Does Saturday's storm kind of create a pseudo 50/50 block and set the stage for this (potential) storm?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not out of the realm of possibility that the late weekend storm could become a much bigger deal if the shortwave energy is able to consolidate more, the system in front of it gets out of the way faster, and some energy from the PV interacts with it. The Euro over the next couple of days will be telling, to see if it can intensify close enough to the coast. If these ingredients come together, it could be a MECS.

Been tracking this storm all week.  Each run is stronger with the short wave from the west coast.and the ECMWF from last night even made it stronger.  I have a feeling this might be the one, and we may even see a phase up.  I had a chance of snow for Sunday in my official forecast fro DSNY since Monday.  It will be interesting to see the upcoming models trends.   At this time, I do feel that there is a chance for a storm.

Ecmwf wants nothing to do with Monday storm lol

today will be the second day that the max was below freezing...with other cold air masses on track to hit us the 1952-53 winter will still hold that dubious record with only two such days for the season...

What is the record for the date of latest measurable snowfall in Central Park in a winter?

Archived