Ocean Effect Snow and its impact on Cape Cod, MA and Islands

USCAPEWEATHERAF

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

exactly!

Step back a bit and think.

1) it's nye people got stuff going on.
2) you're posts always are cape cod centric but no one here lives there.
3) we all care about our own backyard first, but most of us talk about possibilities for areas outside of our driveways...you don't seem to do that.
4) people don't have to, Esp mets, respond to your thoughts when YOU want them to. They'll do it on their own time when they see fit. Chill.
5) you bombard us with OES potential with every passing wave or cold front where you get so excited like you're in the tug hill plateau but reality is you may end up with some flakes. We've seen it too many times to take you seriously.
6) posting in multiple threads about the same topic to get attention or responses is unecessary to put it kindly, most of us read first so we see it. We get it.
7) don't take any of this personally, I'm sure you're a good dood and if a huge paralyzing blizzard where to erupt over the Gulf Stream I'd be the first one to send you 1-800 flowers...but dial it back a bit. Most winter weather events are not extreme, they are a dime a dozen.

OES is like finger lake effect snow its hard to get more than mood snow unless the event has help. With finger lake snow you need upstream connection to Ontario with OES you often need some synoptic help. With both events you can snow on their own but I would never go higher than 2 to 4 inches. It's possible to go higher but you need a perfect setup.

Similar to me having my own topic in SNE describing garden variety thunderstorms in my present location. Pretty cloud structures, wind gusts in the 40-50mph range with bolts striking every 10 seconds within a mile. Whoopy nobody really cares when only one or a few within range are experiencing the event.

Beating a dead horse ain't bringing a unicorn back to life.

Lookie here my Td just dropped below 70F. Comfy but nobody really cares except me.  

Total amateur lurker here from Cape Cod who reads James enthusiastic (overly so even for me) posts with great hope for some kind of snow event down here. Though I know little of the met terminology I look for seeds of promise for all of  SE New England for something this winter....

Archived