• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
12/29- 12/30 Storm Potential

UlsterCountySnowZ

The RGEM so far has done well out in the SRN plains. It was the only model changing OKC over this morning most had them not going over til tonight. It's a bit too far in its range for here yet

Looks to remain mostly frozen up here w/ a legit sleet fest. That warm layer around 750-800 looks like it means business. Should be interesting to see if we can overcome the warm layer considering every other layer is below 0c. An extra hr or 2 might mean a big difference in accumulations considering intensity should increase rapidly out of the gate.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Euro was the most likely scenario, quick pingfest then right over to a cold all rain

No offence buddy. We get it. You never liked the storm.

Let  some of us enjoy our quick mood flakes for hour or two and sleet over to rain.

Hopefully some of us get a few hours of a mixed bag.

Your post are rather annoying to me. Same garbage over and over again.

I am sure in person, you are a nice guy.

Looks to remain mostly frozen up here w/ a legit sleet fest. That warm layer around 750-800 looks like it means business. Should be interesting to see if we can overcome the warm layer considering every other layer is below 0c. An extra hr or 2 might mean a big difference in accumulations considering intensity should increase rapidly out of the gate.

How do you think Sullivan County around Liberty might do ?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Almost 2" of sleet jeez.. Fun times ahead. Thankfully im already off from work won't have to drive in that mess

Same here, I'm expecting about an 1" of snow (if I'm lucky) up here, followed by a compact inch or so of sleet, overall atleast it will feel like winter, I'm off from work and I'll have the wood stove fired up so i don't mind a sleet fest

The RGEM continues to show around 10-15mm of IP for the NW burbs.

Almost 2" of sleet jeez.. Fun times ahead. Thankfully im already off from work won't have to drive in that mess

Is the RGEM output in liquid equivalent?  If so, 10-15 mm of LE would be ~0.5 cm or 0.2" of LE, which would translate to 2" of snow at 10:1 or maybe 0.8" of sleet at a 4:1 ratio of sleet/LE.  Otherwise, verbatim, 10-15 mm of IP is only 0.2" of sleet.  All of which are likely more than I'll be getting, lol.  

The RGEM which is starting to come into better range has quite a bit of sleet/ice for interior sections of this sub-forum before the changeover. Some areas only briefly change over to plain rain.

rgem_mslp_pcpn_frzn_neus_10.png

rgem_mslp_pcpn_frzn_neus_11.png

rgem_mslp_pcpn_frzn_neus_12.png

Gonna be a legit sleet storm up here ending as some zr.. Ill take any winter weather I can get right now.

How about low 30s in NW NJ while TTN is pushing Mid 60s lol..

"A 70 DEGREE TEMPERATURE DIFFERENCE FROM NORTHWEST IOWA TO NORTHERN MISSISSIPPI EARLY THIS MORNING HIGHLIGHTS THE BAROCLINICITY THAT THE WARM AND MOIST ADVECTION IS OVERRIDING INTO OUR AREA." - KLOT (Chicago)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Archived