joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2016 Pattern Disco

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think one of these waves coming from the arctic is bound to phase with the S Jet and explode off the coast aided by the Gulf Stream inducing a sub 960mb low that stalls off Cape Cod MA paralyzing civilization from nyc to bos for a week with 30-50" snowfall toals.

With an uber juicy STJ, anomalously warm ocean temps lending a baroclinic assist, a -AO, -NAO and -EPO, we'll have opportunities. Whether or not the stars align to yield a blockbuster remains to be seen, but certainly not hoisting the white flag. Two of the best storms of my life have come in the last five years, and both in years that people were proclaiming to be ratters in mid-January.

I think one of these waves coming from the arctic is bound to phase with the S Jet and explode off the coast aided by the Gulf Stream inducing a sub 960mb low that stalls off Cape Cod MA paralyzing civilization from nyc to bos for a week with 30-50" snowfall toals.

Also, Temps down here in FL just dropped below 70-80 for the first time since March this week, so Ocean temps are warm for this time of year. Anything that gets going off the SE coast should be able to into that

If I read it right a full split at 50, partial at 30 and quite disturbed at 10. From the euro. Put the sudden back in SSW

Yeah, shows a split at 50hpa, almost at 30hpa, not far at 10hpa. May be rushing things a bit, but as I've said in previous posts, I've liked the late January 20-30th period for a possible split attempt. This would be the time frame of most active WAF. We will see if future changes occur in runs over the next several days.

Archived