• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 25-29th Storm Disco

Chicago Storm

Rain has finally started to taper off I ended up with 6.75" everything is completely flooded 

Pic of part of my backyard

That basement looks like it's in trouble.

I hadn't seen this site before... if you click the "snapshots" checkbox on the legend, it'll show you recent photos from intersections around Lake County, IL so you can check road conditions: https://www.lakecountypassage.com/index.jsp

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The HRRR is hinting at a shallow antecedent LE band stretching from Mississauga to Burlington. If it does materialize, KC radar will have a tough time picking it up. Timing is between 20z-0z.

Also, it is all snow from Etobicoke on east through the end of its run. 0.2-0.4" of QPF.

Nice call on the LES. Have been getting mood flakes down in south Mississauga as well as here in central Etobicoke. Occasionally it does pick up enough that there'd probably be a dusting if it weren't for the winds.

Still have all frozen precip (sleet) nailing the windows here in Rosemont. Not sure where they're getting that rain observation. Only a matter of time, though.

Live cam: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/libertyville-snow

METAR does have RAPL, so depending on what source you look at for obs, it might only show one precip type or the other.

above freezing IMBY nearly the whole event but still close to 2" of sleet on the ground. Still all sleet but it's getting drippier and you can feel it's close to switching

Don't know what it's like around there but the amount sticking on the roads here was impressive given the marginal temps.

We did some heavy pingers earlier today. Brought back memories.

Quite frankly, I don't think anyone here would trade places with me today. You know what I'm saying? ;):D

Yeah, not the best day to be outdoors very long. 

Looks like a more wintry pattern taking shape.  Might be lackluster in terms of activity for a bit but I have a feeling things could pick up once we get beyond the early part of January.

Not sure where the CAA is going to come from to flip us to snow with a low position like that near the quad cities. I'll believe it when I see it.

I guess if the low occludes far enough, the cold air will just wrap around.

Heavy sleet here now. 3.2" of accumulation.

Going to be riding this storm out in Alger,MI (~10 miles south of West Branch). TWC is going hard with 5-8" in the forecast, but NOAA is much less optimistic.

I'm encouraged by the downstream trends, hoping for the best here. If anyone wants to speculate on my storm total, feel free.

Archived