Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
NNE Winter 2015-16 Part 1

klw

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd expect another 2" or so...maybe 4" as banding is projected to slide a little further south overnight before ridging builds in tomorrow early in the morning.

Yeah I was thinking 3-4" total, similar to what we chatted about this morning. I'm assuming you were still here when that main squall hit? We just got another mini-one put down a few tenths.

29.1F  Moderate snow squall.  Vis about 1/2 mile.  Lasted 5 minutes but first T of the season just recorded.  Awfully exciting news when you can jump on the computer on 12/19 to get excited about your first trace.

Thanks Ocean. Lopstick seems to have upgraded their cam since last year.  

I bought a new nest cam and it does timelapses so if today's flurries/squalls look cool on the timelapse may post it later!

Edit   squall has passed but ground is dusted white.  Temp down to 27.8F!!  Much colder than any of the reporting stations.

I think for 15 minutes or so it will be touch and go on Route 2 around Bethel, and eventually points east as that drops SE.

Looked like the best skirted to the south, but for a couple minutes there were too many flakes in the air for me to count.  Not enough to change the color of leaves or lawn - needed about 5X to reach 0.1".

With the new Nest cam I made a timelapse of the snow squalls moving through.   The first part of the timelapse is pretty cool.  Once the squalls cleared the second half of the timelapse is pretty boring.   Pond is half frozen.  Wonder if this cold spell will be enough to keep it frozen through the winter?

https://video.nest.com/clip/afa01a2322fc49e983d9f0f0fb8fba55.mp4

Archived