• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter Thread

H2O

Any suggestions on the best flu symptoms remedy? I haven't had the flu in at least 10 years.

Woke up at 2:30, feeling like a zamboni ran over me.

aw that sucks.  Not sure what to suggest other than leeches.  i haven't had the flu in a while so fluids and rest is all i really can suggest.

Hugs and feel better.

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any suggestions on the best flu symptoms remedy? I haven't had the flu in at least 10 years.

Woke up at 2:30, feeling like a zamboni ran over me.

But it really was a zamboni! :lol:

Seriously though...that's awful...hope you get over it soon!  Other than taking stuff for it, not sure what to do...definitely rest.  Well, and Mappy's suggestion of booze!  Those old fashioned recipes work!  I've found that chamomile tea or some kind of lemon tea with honey is soothing as well.

Several years ago I got hammered with the flu in March, recovered (somewhat), and then got slammed with a nasty cold.  Basically sick the entire month.  Ugh!

Tamiflu - if you can drag yourself to the clinic.  I didn't get my flu shot yet.  Has anyone else?

I have always been reluctant so I've never gotten one, but this year work was giving them for free so I decided to give it a shot (pa-dum). But, when it was my turn at the front of the line, I realized that I didn't have my ID and wasn't allowed.

So, no shot here either. Anyone in the medical field here that can put my (irrational) mind at ease and convince me of the benefits? Any downside?

Andy & Katie thanks for the leeches and booze ideas (and the laughter they induced.) I'll consider it, maybe the two will bring down the fever, or just make me not give a s**t! Lol

AiZ, I picked up 3 different kinds of chicken soup, plus a new thermometer, since I'm still unpacking the new house. (100.8 yay me!) Following the soup up with tea sounds good!

Clueless, I barely made it through the grocery store. The idea of heading out to get tamiflu feels quite daunting, (although my retired nurse mother would likely demand I go.)

NW Balt, the reason I haven't gotten the flu in over 10 years is because of the flu vaccines. However, I got my shot in late October. My immune system is probably deleted due to the 6 week stress of moving.

Supposedly, if someone gets the flu after getting the vaccine, the virus will run its course faster & and not be as severe.

I guess I'll make a study of it, to determine if that's true or not.

Thanks for the suggestions, and if I start posting gibberish, you'll know Katie's suggestion is in play, lolz

Off to bed... Virus free hugs back at ya.

Andy & Katie thanks for the leeches and booze ideas (and the laughter they induced.) I'll consider it, maybe the two will bring down the fever, or just make me not give a s**t! Lol

AiZ, I picked up 3 different kinds of chicken soup, plus a new thermometer, since I'm still unpacking the new house. (100.8 yay me!) Following the soup up with tea sounds good!

Clueless, I barely made it through the grocery store. The idea of heading out to get tamiflu feels quite daunting, (although my retired nurse mother would likely demand I go.)

NW Balt, the reason I haven't gotten the flu in over 10 years is because of the flu vaccines. However, I got my shot in late October. My immune system is probably deleted due to the 6 week stress of moving.

Supposedly, if someone gets the flu after getting the vaccine, the virus will run its course faster & and not be as severe.

I guess I'll make a study of it, to determine if that's true or not.

Thanks for the suggestions, and if I start posting gibberish, you'll know Katie's suggestion is in play, lolz

Off to bed... Virus free hugs back at ya.

sleep well! xoxo

Just hooked up a new 24" monitor and...whoa!  Amazing, I have to say!  I'm sure those out there who have larger screens are chuckling, but I'm coming from an older 19" Dell flat screen.  "Older" as in nearly a decade!  It served well and was still going fine, but hey, it was time to move on (and couldn't pass up a good sale).

I post gibberish all the time, but unfortunately I cannot blame it on alcohol!  :D

Get well soon, and I hope having gotten a flu shot earlier it will indeed be less severe and shorter duration!

What I find so remarkably crazy for this upcoming pattern being modeled is the lack of an analog year with such a strong enso signal when every teleconnection lined up ideally for us. That appears to be on the table in the long-range and I'm so looking forward to see how it all plays out!

Um, shouldn't this awesome pattern showing feet and feet of pattern yield some runs at some point with fantasy snow? Or are we just basking in pattern this time around?

Sent from my iPhone

I think most are just happy to see some real cold air in the LR over us for a change

Um, shouldn't this awesome pattern showing feet and feet of pattern yield some runs at some point with fantasy snow? Or are we just basking in pattern this time around?

Sent from my iPhone

Just get me out of this swamp torch. I don't care if it snows (total lie). Anything besides this nasty swamp totch.

Wow, I missed a lot the last few days. That guy was ridiculous and glad he's gone. 

For MiddleRiverWx, try this out:

Cup of Green Tea with honey, shot of whiskey, 2 teaspoons of sugar or sweetener and a spritz of lemon. Follow up cup with a recommended dosage of Theraflu!! Get rest and drink water as much as possible through the day. You can do the tea and theraflu in the morning and before bed. Hope that helps!! Get better

Sent from my iPhone

I don't think models can reliably "see" storms that far out. There are storms all over the place on the ensembles. If we settle into a good pattern we will eventually see some good stuff. Just keep that precip rolling.

I don't think models can reliably "see" storms that far out. There are storms all over the place on the ensembles. If we settle into a good pattern we will eventually see some good stuff. Just keep that precip rolling.

Yep, at this range, all that is really reliable is the pattern.  You generally have to be inside 5 days to put any real stock in shortwave strength timing issues.

Archived