Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With gas at 1.89/gal it's been pretty cheap this year leaving my suburban idling 24 hours a day. I might but another one to speed things up. We need to beat 09-10 asap but the earth isn't warm enough yet. 

I have a buddy selling a 74  4x4, but it only has a 350. It is pretty rusty but the thing smokes pretty well...... :whistle:

I sold my 79 fulltime 4x4 Chevy pu, it is on a farm now, but last I heard she was still 'helping' the cause daily.

How about banning the troll? I have him on ignore - but on talkatap - ignore doesn't work. What about simply he's got to go? I mean, wtf on his presence? I don't think ANYONE on here denies AGW, but what in the **** does rubbing our noses in it constantly supposed to accomplsh? I can't ****ing change reality with regard to the climate anymore than anyone on here can, so, what the **** with that ***hole? Just ****ing ban him. 

How about banning the troll? I have him on ignore - but on talkatap - ignore doesn't work. What about simply he's got to go? I mean, wtf on his presence? I don't think ANYONE on here denies AGW, but what in the **** does rubbing our noses in it constantly supposed to accomplsh? I can't ****ing change reality with regard to the climate anymore than anyone on here can, so, what the **** with that ***hole? Just ****ing ban him. 

not to mention he spelled shady, SHADEY

I agree. He should have to post in the Philly forum. He contributes nothing here.

He contributes nothing here.

He's constantly seeking engagement/attention by using antagonizing posts. Reminds me quite a bit of my kids when they were like 5-10. The whole "negative attention is still attention so please pay attention to me". 

He's been told by just about everyone here to just knock it off multiple times. But it's relentless. And annoying. And not welcome. And has no place in a regional weather sub-forum. In fact, there's an entire sub-forum dedicated to it. I'm not sure why he even steps outside of that one because he simply cannot make a single weather post without tossing in climate change. And worst of all, he lives outside of our region. 

This is the banter thread....

It's just funny to look back at the last few years. This place was a denier heaven. According to most, we all agree on AGW. Mission accomplished. There are the usual caveats with long-term planning tho.

You focused the attention on the poster. I am just here to promote an idea bigger than myself and I don't believe in hidden agendas. This shouldn't generate so much controversy, it's more or less a call to arms.

It's just funny to look back at the last few years. This place was a denier heaven. According to most, we all agree on AGW. Mission accomplished. There are the usual caveats with long-term planning tho.

You focused the attention on the poster. I am just here to promote an idea bigger than myself.

Don't play innocent now, your only in banter because the mods mercifully moved our posts and your useless drivel over here. The point is your agenda with agw has no place in a discussion reserved for the January pattern. You have a whole sub forum for just that and there is also banter in all the regions (including your own!!!) and yet you still have to interject your crap into every thread.

You focused the attention on the poster. I am just here to promote an idea bigger than myself and I don't believe in hidden agendas. This shouldn't generate so much controversy, it's more or less a call to arms.

You're right-- it shouldn't. That should be your first clue that you're the one who made it all about you. It's not the rest of us, it's you.

Don't play innocent now, your only in banter because the mods mercifully moved our posts and your useless drivel over here. The point is your agenda with agw has no place in a discussion reserved for the January pattern. You have a whole sub forum for just that and there is also banter in all the regions (including your own!!!) and yet you still have to interject your crap into every thread.

It's a dead zone like the philly sub-forum.

At the end day, it depends on how much importance you place into the context of AGW. Most people don't believe it can cause mass extinctions. This is where the disparity resides. Or mabye it is accepted but people can't come to reality with that setup.

Either way, I can see it was not worth it, too many people taking it the wrong way and perceiving it as trolling/griefing. If not the action argument, we should at least recognize that most weather events that occur today will have a strong AGW signal inside them. Knowing about AGW will make you a better forecaster.

At the end day, it depends on how much importance you place into the context of AGW. Most people don't believe it can cause mass extinctions. This is where the disparity resides. Or mabye it is accepted but people can't come to reality with that setup.

Either way, I can see it was not worth it, too many people taking it the wrong way and perceiving it as trolling/griefing. If not the action argument, we should at least recognize that most weather events that occur today will have a strong AGW signal inside them. Knowing about AGW will make you a better forecaster.

I do not understand your mission? Even if we accept AGW, and are taking steps in our personal lives to mitigate it as best we can, there is nothing you can do on a message board to help. We like to talk about snow, storms, and weather models. Maybe you should go to a political board.

Get the **** over yourself and get out. Your trolling bull**** hasn't changed anyone's minds. Anyone with a brain knows what is happening. How fast, what it means now versus later, all chatter about that has its own forum for people that want to bathe in it, you mewling jackass. Go there. This isn't the place. Get out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get the **** over yourself and get out. Your trolling bull**** hasn't changed anyone's minds. Anyone with a brain knows what is happening. How fast, what it means now versus later, all chatter about that has its own forum for people that want to bathe in it, you mewling jackass. Go there. This isn't the place. Get out.

Sent from my iPhone

Obviously you have beef in this issue. I've never seen someone use such outright profanity on this board. You ought to take it elsewhere and stop pretending that you care.

I am just here in some ways to demand apologies from years past. Like the above post and from others who denied that arctic ice decline was influencing the jet streams and causing more extreme blocking.

Recent processes like the Ridiculously Resilient Ridge and Terribly Tenacious Trough are not differentiated from AGW. Last time I checked, California still needs rain. (But it's el nino right?)

At the very least, the blood is now flowing. This is what you need, a real sense of direction rather than the status quo.

20151222_usdm_home.png

Avant crapping up these threads, is part of the reason I stopped visiting them. I've had the asshat on ingore for at least 6 months, yet that doesn't work when others take his bait to quote him.

Add me to the list of those who want him booted the hell outtta here.

On a positive banter note, did everyone get what they wanted for the gifting holiday?

He's constantly seeking engagement/attention by using antagonizing posts. Reminds me quite a bit of my kids when they were like 5-10. The whole "negative attention is still attention so please pay attention to me". 

He's been told by just about everyone here to just knock it off multiple times. But it's relentless. And annoying. And not welcome. And has no place in a regional weather sub-forum. In fact, there's an entire sub-forum dedicated to it. I'm not sure why he even steps outside of that one because he simply cannot make a single weather post without tossing in climate change. And worst of all, he lives outside of our region. 

BINGO!

Correct again

You're right-- it shouldn't. That should be your first clue that you're the one who made it all about you. It's not the rest of us, it's you.

Yep. And A, it is 'dead' in 'that' forum for  a reason. No matter what/how/when/where the subject is brought up, many like you have ZERO tolerance for a different opinion/view/study/etc if it does NOT go in your favor/direction. I've never put a person on ban /ignore in all the years I've been on the internet, but you are quickly heading there.

Archived