• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December Banter Thread

H2O

Usually when someone on here says blocking they mean high latitude blocking in the AO or NAO domain. If you mean blocking as any anomalous heights in any region then sure but the good news is there is anomalous heights in some region 90% of the time the only question is where. Your definition of blocking seems a little too broad. Again your post implied that agw has made it almost impossible to get snow here without relying on anomalous blocking. I'm contending that either 1. By normal definitions of blocking that is false, or 2. By youre broad definition of blocking it's not that unusual. Sure without any help from the nao, AO, pna, or epo we aren't getting snow but how is that different now due to agw then it's ever been? Find me a great snowfall period where all those indexes were against us. Would love some fact based evidence to support your claims.

arctic-temp-anomaly-4-c.png?w=600&h=801

and.....we still failed to get snow.

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remember, there's nothing hiatus can't ruin in this forum - all to remind us about something that we have no control over.

Sent from my iPhone

There is a good cause behind it, it's the important issue in the 21st century and warrants this level of engagement. If there are any world wars again, the underlying cause would be AGW. Gotta put down the naysayers.

You whacked the hornet's nest last winter by denying the connection with extreme cold outbreaks. Now the super el nino is dampening the airmasses but as you can see, we still have extreme blocking events. I'm burned out for now. Might as well go big or go home, shutout winter? More than likely there will be snow on the horizon so rest easy.

arctic-temp-anomaly-4-c.png?w=600&h=801

and.....we still failed to get snow.

1. I asked for examples when we did get snow even with all major indices against us. You implied that we have to rely on "help" to get snow and I contend it's always been that way agw isn't causing it. Show me how in the past we got snow easier without epo, nao, AO, or pna help to support how agw has made it harder to snow. I didn't ask for random maps of the current pattern.

2. Your saying we didn't get snow "past tense" in reference to a period that hasn't happened yet. Kinda presumptuous and still irrelevant to your argument.

Still waiting on any semblance of a rational logic based argument with facts to support it.

There is a good cause behind it, it's the important issue in the 21st century and warrants this level of engagement. If there are any world wars again, the underlying cause would be AGW. Gotta put down the naysayers.

You whacked the hornet's nest last winter by denying the connection with extreme cold outbreaks. Now the super el nino is dampening the airmasses but as you can see, we still have extreme blocking events. I'm burned out for now. Might as well go big or go home, shutout winter? More than likely there will be snow on the horizon so rest easy.

If you are grouping everyone here who agrees with the prevailing climate science but are just sick of *your posts* as naysayers, then that just means you are no longer posting in good faith here. At that point, you are doing nothing but trolling/causing reactions.  

:lmao:

Summer 2016 will be something special. I don't disagree with you.

Yes, it probably will.  I believe there is a tendency for that to follow ninos, as well as the low of averages catching up to us. 

With gas at 1.89/gal it's been pretty cheap this year leaving my suburban idling 24 hours a day. I might but another one to speed things up. We need to beat 09-10 asap but the earth isn't warm enough yet. 

I've turned the thermostat in my house up to 90F, so that when I go outside it feels cold.

If you are grouping everyone here who agrees with the prevailing climate science but are just sick of *your posts* as naysayers, then that just means you are no longer posting in good faith here. At that point, you are doing nothing but trolling/causing reactions.  

Far from it, but I don't like to signal people out. I think it's an interesting topic. The USA is a hotspot for climate disinformation. I'm already getting tired of talking about AGW so I can assure you it's not about trolling. I don't plan on having kids due to AGW. Unless we can somehow turn around quickly perhaps utilize some geoengineering.

1. I asked for examples when we did get snow even with all major indices against us. You implied that we have to rely on "help" to get snow and I contend it's always been that way agw isn't causing it. Show me how in the past we got snow easier without epo, nao, AO, or pna help to support how agw has made it harder to snow. I didn't ask for random maps of the current pattern.

2. Your saying we didn't get snow "past tense" in reference to a period that hasn't happened yet. Kinda presumptuous and still irrelevant to your argument.

Still waiting on any semblance of a rational logic based argument with facts to support it.

We've been waiting in the CC forum for years. :lol:

We've been waiting in the CC forum for years. :lol:

Don't fool yourself ORH. I apologize for my posting style but the evidence and the big picture is there, albeit it would be beneficial to remove all doubts in a systematic logical way.

Avant seems to argue the natural state of the climate is ice-age.

Doesn't change the overall argument on the human factor.

Far from it, but I don't like to signal people out. I think it's an interesting topic. The USA is a hotspot for climate disinformation. I'm already getting tired of talking about AGW so I can assure you it's not about trolling. I don't plan on having kids due to AGW. Unless we can somehow turn around quickly perhaps utilize some geoengineering.

Yes, I'm sure that will make a big difference.  Meanwhile China,India, and African nations will more than make up for your sacrifice.

Don't fool yourself ORH. I apologize for my posting style but the evidence and the big picture is there, albeit it would be beneficial to remove all doubts in a systematic logical way.

Doesn't change the overall argument on the human factor.

Actually, it does if you are arguing the fact that today's relatively warm climate is the sole result of AGW.  Of course, such an argument ignores the historical record of even warmer climates in the (pre-human) past.

if someone feels that strongly that AGW is the end all be all, to the point where they dont want to have kids.

they best be living in a cabin in the woods somewhere without electricity, driving a car, using any aerosols, etc... otherwise, youre full of ****. 

if someone feels that strongly that AGW is the end all be all, to the point where they dont want to have kids.

they best be living in a cabin in the woods somewhere without electricity, driving a car, using any aerosols, etc... otherwise, youre full of ****. 

he's posting on a CPU that generates heat.  The light he is using to see what he is posting generates heat.  The fire he is using to cook his food generates heat.  

Archived