SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

18z GFS was absurd in the long-range with a massive low pressure cutting inland Carolinas, resulting in a major high-elevation snow event for NC Mountains. There was no SE low at 12z during that same time-frame.

You know you're bored when you're looking at fantasyland GFS  :(

My grass seed is coming up!! Yep, the grass seed I planted LAST WEEKEND. Bring on spring. Sorry winter, its like we never knew ya!

My youngest daughter has the right idea.  She arrived today in New Zealand for a 6 to 9-month stay.  If it's going to feel like summer, you might as well go somewhere where it is summer.  

My youngest daughter has the right idea.  She arrived today in New Zealand for a 6 to 9-month stay.  If it's going to feel like summer, you might as well go somewhere where it is summer.  

Hey - jburns

Cool. Hope your daughter truly enjoys her sojourn. Hope she can explore. But watch out what  6 - 9 months might turn in to ..... My oldest son went to Japan in May 2 years ago for a job that was supposed to be for a year and he's still there by choice and thoroughly enjoying every minute of it. He's been to the top of the island for a couple weeks in January with 10 feet of snow and a week later by a train ride down to the south end found weather worse than central Florida in summer, and he's been up to Fuji and all over the "Japanese Alps" and .... well what's a Dad to say but isn't it great that kids can have an opportunity to explore (and nowadays since we can Skype we can vicariously do it too !!!!).

There's glaciers in New Zealand, so even in summer - she can find winter  :~)

lmao dude, it is December 5th.

Some people are so entitled even with the weather. Some just want the pattern to change within a day or week in their favor. Maybe some need to live on another planet with atmospheric physics that support that. 

Pattern is crap right now. Gonna take some time to reverse everything, might take till Feb or even Spring. Not going to happen overnight or this week. 

The Heels haven't played a single top 25 team all season.  That does not bode well for their chances. The phrase, "delusions of grandeur" comes to mind.

ha ha. 100% correct.

The odds look horrible for UNC, but don't expect UNC fans to realize that. If they beat Clemson, they think they're in. Either way, non-UNC fans win.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/so-what-happens-if-alabama-andor-clemson-lose/

Archived