Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Mr Bob

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for starting the thread, Bob.  I got to golf Friday and Saturday of this past week and did it in shorts and short sleeves!  I am loving this warmer weather, and would like it to stay that way for several more weeks.  It doesn't look like it will be too hard to accomplish, although I don't know how much short and short sleeves I will be able to wear.

I am building a house though, so I wish all the rain would just stop for a week or three! (I know, it's SO not likely)  Oh well, at least it's warm!

And now for your Tennessee Valley College Football fan Bowl viewing schedule...

For any Virginia Tech fans on here - Independence Bowl - Virginia Tech vs Tulsa - 26 December at 5:45pm.

For Jax - Birmingham Bow - Auburn vs. Memphis - 30 December at 11am.

For Mr. Bob - Peach Bowl - Florida State vs Houston - 31 December at noon.

For any Tide fans - Cotton Bowl - Alabama vs Michigan State (playoff game of course) - 31 December at 8pm

For myself, Carver's, Nut and any other Vol fans here - Outback Bowl - UT vs. Northwestern - 1 January at noon

For any UGA fans here - Taxslayer Bowl - Georgia vs Penn State - 2 January at noon

For Jeff - Congrats on being ranked Number 4 in the nation in basketball! 

Most of y'all probably knew this already...but just in case I thought I'd post it.

Good luck in your Bowl Games folks!

Thank you!

And now for your Tennessee Valley College Football fan Bowl viewing schedule...

For any Virginia Tech fans on here - Independence Bowl - Virginia Tech vs Tulsa - 26 December at 5:45pm.

For Jax - Birmingham Bow - Auburn vs. Memphis - 30 December at 11am.

For Mr. Bob - Peach Bowl - Florida State vs Houston - 31 December at noon.

For any Tide fans - Cotton Bowl - Alabama vs Michigan State (playoff game of course) - 31 December at 8pm

For myself, Carver's, Nut and any other Vol fans here - Outback Bowl - UT vs. Northwestern - 1 January at noon

For any UGA fans here - Taxslayer Bowl - Georgia vs Penn State - 2 January at noon

For Jeff - Congrats on being ranked Number 4 in the nation in basketball! 

Most of y'all probably knew this already...but just in case I thought I'd post it.

Good luck in your Bowl Games folks!

Kansas football had a perfect season 0-12 LOL! All is well in basketball land. Kansas only lost to Michigan St. Wichita State also got back to strong winning ways with Van Vleet returning to complete the best backcourt in the nation.

Who is dreaming of a white Christmas? If one believes the GFS, I don't, we'd get a shot at severe the week leading up to Christmas. Little more blocking is forecast toward Christmas, but strong Nino forcing will push back hard. World Weather Federation cage match smack-down!

Love the Godzilla El Nino from WarEagle below...

A couple of things on my mind.  I will never believe in warm oceans, cold continents from here on out.  Also, I don't think I will ever listen to anything Judah Cohen has to say.  Just wanted to get those two things out there.  haha

On a positive note..........Jeff, your torch city forecast looks better and better every day!  

In my inner circle of friends I went warm December, followed by a warm 1st half of January before a change to cold last 1/2 and a rocking February, followed by a delayed spring.  If that mid January change is going to come to pass, I am going to need to start seeing some changes in the next couple of weeks.  

I won't be swayed until after the start to 2016 though (at the earliest), no matter how many times Jeff posts about Easter, thunderstorms, or warm holidays.  haha

In my inner circle of friends I went warm December, followed by a warm 1st half of January before a change to cold last 1/2 and a rocking February, followed by a delayed spring.  If that mid January change is going to come to pass, I am going to need to start seeing some changes in the next couple of weeks.  

I won't be swayed until after the start to 2016 though (at the earliest), no matter how many times Jeff posts about Easter, thunderstorms, or warm holidays.  haha

I've been telling people about the same thing. Wait til late January or February for the winter goods. We'll see. I wont get worried until we get to about January 20-25 and have nothing in sight. All it takes is a couple of good weeks for most to scratch the winter itch.  Give me one decent snow and a few days with snow cover and I'm good.

GFS has been banging the drum for cooler wx. Yes, I know...GFS. But it does catch pattern changes during winter. It may be trying to jump the gun...but it is seriously trying every other run to bring temps back to normal. Normal temps in late Dec and Jan are cold. I think Nino climo will win on this. Cold, rainy wx starting soon. Throw in a little snow at higher elevations. I have called for slightly above normal temps and below normal snowfall for the valleys. Temps should stay barely above normal for DJF, especially if we have the next 2-3 days torching. As for the below normal snow call...that southern stream may that in jeopardy once it gets cold. If, if, if it gets cold...going to be some chances. Nino climo calls for a cold second half...but it probably won't be enougn to offset these warm temps. But cold in late January and Feb almost always delivers north of I-40 somewhere.

I have to be honest, I've enjoyed this heat wave and am kind of bummed about the upcoming cold snap.  I could use another weekend or two of nice weather to get some things done in the garden.  There is plenty of time for snow chances later.  Also, it's notable that Knoxville's first fantasy snow is showing up on the 7 day GFS meteogram.  It's officially Fantasy Season in my neck of the woods.

I have to be honest, I've enjoyed this heat wave and am kind of bummed about the upcoming cold snap.  I could use another weekend or two of nice weather to get some things done in the garden.  There is plenty of time for snow chances later.  Also, it's notable that Knoxville's first fantasy snow is showing up on the 7 day GFS meteogram.  It's officially Fantasy Season in my neck of the woods.

It is a short lived cold snap...everything is pointing back in the torch direction after this brief interlude of cold...we expect to see a bountiful winter harvest this year from you! 

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Easter. Hanukkah feels more like Passover too. Happy warm holidays!

I thought for sure you would be wrong with your outlook for warmth but you were right. Something is going to have shake this pattern up and I don't see anything on the horizon, this is going to take some time to change, if it changes.

Another good indicator on this winter....Henry Hub Nat gas at $1.69/ mmbtu  today.....over twice that this time last year... :maphot:

That is definitely a benefit! However, I am sorely offended that I actually had to mow a family member's yard in Knoxville yesterday. On the 13th of December. And it actually needed mowing. And I broke a sweat doing it. 

Now, I'm not against mowing or sweating...I'm just completely opposed to doing them both at the same time less than two weeks before Christmas! 

That is definitely a benefit! However, I am sorely offended that I actually had to mow a family member's yard in Knoxville yesterday. On the 13th of December. And it actually needed mowing. And I broke a sweat doing it.

Now, I'm not against mowing or sweating...I'm just completely opposed to doing them both at the same time less than two weeks before Christmas!

Crazy ain't it!

My neighbor was mowing the lawn yesterday and I was sweating too when I was putting some Christmas lights up on the deck!

Additionally, I got to thinking...................  If a 924 bomb in the Bering Sea can't shake up this wretched pattern I am guessing it was perfectly placed to simply strengthen it further.  I realize it and Nuri came from completely different circumstances.  But it still seems like a storm that strong should alter the pattern around the globe to some degree.  Perhaps it will be part of the rubber band theory that isn't evident at this point.  lol

Archived