• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mr Bob

For housekeeping purposes, can we remove "Short Range Modeling" from the thread title and let it be archived just for this event?  It's nice to go back at a later date and review the tracking without multiple threats being discussed.  Carvers do you have the ability to edit the title or would Bob have to?  Just a suggestion.

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now we go to Jim with live coverage of snowfart Gluteous Maximus. Jim, how are things right now?

Well *cough* Rachel, thank goodness for the dry slot!

"Lol well the beginning of the storm had a tough time coming out but then it was a full on slop fest after the Taco Bell finally hit. I definitely thing people should of bought more toilet paper instead of bread and milk. That stuff is just adding to the accumulation"

Okay that was sick and I know it. But staring at the HRRR over and over makes you crazy.

Thanks for all you guys/girls do here. Any suggestions on the best radar site to use? Thanks in advance.

RadarScope is hands down the best and it's not even close. It perfectly nailed the rain/snow lines last night right down to the mile and minute. It's also really good in severe season.

Keep the line moving, baby! Finally got the goods for most of our subforum. Pattern took a few weeks to evolve and mature. All the while disturbances kept moving through the flow. Finally smallball lead to a home run in areas. As we say in KC Royal Nation, just Keep the Line Moving!

War Eagle, how are you enjoying the snow that way? For the First Time in Forever from Frozen, Nashvegas 777!

Congrats to all who saw snow and is still seeing snow this am!

Just read some of the obs thread in the MidAtlantic and good grief. You have people complaining about not being impressed about the foot they received and not being impressed. Pretty funny since the storm is still on top of them..... Hope those unhappy stay in the dryslot all day. lol

I ended up at about 7 new inches and I have gotten 13 inches in the past 4 days and have close to a foot on the ground. I'm pretty darn pleased with that even though as early as yesterday morning I was being shown getting 10-12 from this one storm. 

I also had to laugh at Snowstorm2011 (think that's his name) driving up this way, asking about Caryville, going to Crossville instead, seeing rain all day, leaving and then Crossville got 6 inches right after he left. If he'd taken my advice and went to 141 he'd have seen a solid 6-8 there on top of the 4-5 on the ground. 

Keep the line moving, baby! Finally got the goods for most of our subforum. Pattern took a few weeks to evolve and mature. All the while disturbances kept moving through the flow. Finally smallball lead to a home run in areas. As we say in KC Royal Nation, just Keep the Line Moving!

War Eagle, how are you enjoying the snow that way? For the First Time in Forever from Frozen, Nashvegas 777!

It was a change to finally get involved for once.I was happy that it started earlier than the models showed where most of the heavier stuff was during the day time and i could look out the  :snowwindow: Rough estimate believe we got 6-7" tough to really guage it with snow blowing around especially when we got a gust and you could see it blowing off the roofs,either way,no complaints here. :clap:

I ended up at about 7 new inches and I have gotten 13 inches in the past 4 days and have close to a foot on the ground. I'm pretty darn pleased with that even though as early as yesterday morning I was being shown getting 10-12 from this one storm.

I also had to laugh at Snowstorm2011 (think that's his name) driving up this way, asking about Caryville, going to Crossville instead, seeing rain all day, leaving and then Crossville got 6 inches right after he left. If he'd taken my advice and went to 141 he'd have seen a solid 6-8 there on top of the 4-5 on the ground.

He changed his name to Snowless in Carrollton yesterday. If you haven't read through the SE complaint thread, it's worth a few minutes.

Congrats to all who saw snow and is still seeing snow this am!

Just read some of the obs thread in the MidAtlantic and good grief. You have people complaining about not being impressed about the foot they received and not being impressed. Pretty funny since the storm is still on top of them..... Hope those unhappy stay in the dryslot all day. lol

They don't know dryslot until they've experienced a TN Valley dry slot...lol.

One of the many fascinating aspects of this storm was the intense downsloping we experienced without a huge change in temperature. The high at my apt was 33. 850s were a bit warm at times, given that the few bands that survived the torch were mostly sleet, but surface temps remained low enough to support accumulating snowfall throughout. Valley wx never ceases to amaze.

Archived