Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Met Winter Banter

dmillz25

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't realize anyone actually lived on Staten Island.

A lot of people from Brooklyn have moved  to Staten Island. I love Staten Island.

The new parallel Euro is similar to the EPS and doesn't have that spin up.

New parallel going operational on March 8th, 2016

attachicon.gifParallel.png

Old euro

attachicon.gifreg.png

I heard it will also run 4 times a day

I'm going to be at work all day allsnow if your around and have time could you do pbp for gfs and euro. I know people complain but it makes it so much easier than going through every panel on tropical tidbits when I'm short on time

I won't do a PbP but I will throw the info out there when I get it...I don't know if I'll be around for the euro

Focus on this time frame and the model below .

When the GFS showed 20 inches  of snow 2 nights ago , someone said take a picture because it will be gone in 6 hours , so 2 will the 12z GFS and all  it`s sheered out vorts  . The GFS/all guidance for that matter will have a hard time picking up the speed/separation  of all these vorts .

If I had to focus on one Model , like always its the Euro . At 0z It just misses with a bomb , but some members are west .

My focus is here , the one that will catch it can be found below .ecmwf-ens_mslpa_namer_9.png

24hr GFS comp at 250mb for the 18th (chaotic changes) :ph34r:

not good.....

YESTERDAY

gfs_uv250_us_40.png

TODAY

gfs_uv250_us_36.png

See now this is my point you say nothing after today's 6z gfs run nothing about last nights oz euro run, nothing about the para euro runs yesterday but as soon as a model shows a bad solution snow wise you can't wait to post. Snowman19 too. I don't get it

the GFS  yes  crushes  that  s/w   then the next one   then  the  next one  --  it   whats  the model does   and it  does   this all the time  and it  will always do so 

12z GFS still wants nothing to do with the first southwest energy like the euro had at 00z. Shunts it off the Florida coast and continues to focus more on the 2nd piece of energy

Archived