SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Met Winter Banter

dmillz25

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As of now the only thing that scares me in this event is the vort love over central Canada, we don't want that to get too far south where the southern stream piece can phase with it and pull this into the Ohio valley. As of now I think it's highly unlikely that could occur but it's one way that we can see cutters in a strong -NAO pattern when the SE Canada vort splits in two and the western piece phases in with the vort in the US

As of now the only thing that scares me in this event is the vort love over central Canada, we don't want that to get too far south where the southern stream piece can phase with it and pull this into the Ohio valley. As of now I think it's highly unlikely that could occur but it's one way that we can see cutters in a strong -NAO pattern when the SE Canada vort splits in two and the western piece phases in with the vort in the US

I don't think that's likely either and that's a massive blocking setup. Op runs will continue to adjust to the pattern. The 17th storm is a legit threat and the pattern definitely supports it.

There's a lot of textbook pieces that are lining up for a significant storm with a huge west based block and subsequent 50/50 low. I think as we get closer the op runs will clean things up to show a classic potential snowstorm .

I wouldn't sleep on the 13th either.

Indeed. What you know about that?

Ernie Stewart played for them he was one of my favorite players for the US National team in the 2000's, had a lot of heart and gave it his all; he was always proud to wear the US jersey though he spent a lot of his boyhood in Europe. Few Americans were ever good enough to play in the Dutch league, Stewart was one and John O Brien, who played for Ajax, was another. Both played great in the 2002 WC which was the best run for the US since 1930, and still is....

06z gfs is chaotic to say the least but not surprised this far out.

One of the negatives is the lack of deeper negative anomalies despite a favorable setup. Again this its similar to 09/10 where temps were borderline for nearly every snowstorm.

And someone already addressed this problem.

Yeh it actually has two lows that give us snow. Very chaotic but it's good to post what it shows.

Just shows the potential this far out...nice to see a storm cutoff and stall south of us for once...even if it's fantasy lol

Exactly. Let's keep the storm signal going. Last night the GFS and GGEM were showing a second low offshore for the 13th. Not so much this run but I would take snow showers and wind.

Archived