SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Met Winter Banter

dmillz25

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Euro tries to develop a miller b at 234. A lot of potential on this run.

System two very warm on the Euro.

It's a million hours out. No need to stress about the temps. Just look for the signal.

Please let us know if the 0z EPS run regresses the cold pattern at the end of the run when it comes out. Thanks.

I will be sleeping. Hopefully someone posts it.

System two very warm on the Euro.

Very warm ?

Because an OP run 9 days out has the B/L @ 38 .  A few points here , system 2 deepens 13 mb in 12 hours runs to the BM and it`s 850 as are already marginal .

So If I am just away from the coast , that run looks ok  to me . 

Wait until you are inside 4 days before you even look at types ETC .

in our OLD pattern , this would not  even show up . 

This is a NEW regime .-EPO+PNA regime systems like to  get cooler as you get closer .

The  key is to get closer , then worry .  The models say its 9 days away , so at this point  it is just nice to see something .

post-7472-0-42203400-1451808765_thumb.pn

post-7472-0-34104700-1451808773_thumb.pn

Explain exactly what this 5 day mean is saying  

When you are done lets see if that`s a hammer . 

You see what it is showing at 240 in the M/W that will get parked over you as we get closer .

Still not cold enough . 

post-7472-0-11468800-1451809943_thumb.pn

Nice CFS  graphics here

http://www.atmos.albany.edu/student/macritch/showmastercfs.php

CFS mean anomalies point and click

http://www.atmos.albany.edu/student/macritch/showcfs2mplots.php?lat=40.78470081841747&lon=-73.96820068359375&z=8

CFS mean for Westwood NJ  after the 19th of Jan

shows no below normal anomalies in Jersey till about Feb 10th 

my take is normal temps will be the rule not the exception round here

131_286_735236.jpg

cfs_2mtemp_std_t4_f20.gif

Lol @ the 06z GFS.....god do I hate off hour model runs, night and day from 00z, storm 1 is a rain event all the way to Albany, what a joke... PB is correct, it's going to be frigid this time frame, and models aren't picking up and correlating it properly to these storms. I'd bet snow before rain on both these events

Again any cold shots are transient. No -NAO no sustained cold or snow chances in the coastal plain. First chance for snow in NYC not until after the 20th. This pattern looks very good for snow for Chicago though, lack of -NAO pulls that's trough west and delivers the goods big time there over the next two weeks.

Zonal pattern to return to US after week two with major mild up in the east as the trough breaks through in west and we get a muted December pattern. January AOAN for Jan temps in NYC.

Again any cold shots are transient. No -NAO no sustained cold or snow chances in the coastal plain. First chance for snow in NYC not until after the 20th. This pattern looks very good for snow for Chicago though, lack of -NAO pulls that's trough west and delivers the goods big time there over the next two weeks.

Zonal pattern to return to US after week two with major mild up in the east as the trough breaks through in west and we get a muted December pattern. January AOAN for Jan temps in NYC.

Forget snow for a second , this the warmer CFS . IT SAYS NO TO ZONAL FLOW .

I will not even bother to pull up the EURO which is even colder than this .

So I ask you , which guidance is showing you zonal flow ? 

cfs_500hgt_avg_t4_f2.gif

cfs_500hgt_avg_t4_f3.gif

cfs_500hgt_avg_t4_f4.gif

You are not going to see a zonal flow with the PNA raging. Also, you don't need a -NAO for sustained cold and snow chances. +PNA and -EPO will do the trick.

Archived