• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Winter Banter

dmillz25

I am in agreement with Doorman. I have never wavered from my position that January will be above normal temperature wise and below normal snowfall wise.

Then perhaps you guys should come back and post on Feb 1st since you have January all figured out and then can share your thoughts for February

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GFS OP is all over the place with the 1/11 storm. It goes from an inland runner at Oz to way out to sea at 6z! :unsure:

I don't get how many times this needs to be said for people to understand but if your going to look for specific storm threats past day 3 you need to use the ensembles...a operational run will change from run to run...

I am in agreement with Doorman. I have never wavered from my position that January will be above normal temperature wise and below normal snowfall wise.

Thanks guys for laying it out there. What are your thoughts on February? (Doorman and snowman19). Are you in agreement with others that a weakening El Niño will succumb to the other indices to promote a colder regime with our best chances for snow, or do you still feel El Niño and a strong pac jet will overtake the pattern again (such as your thoughts for January)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To me nothing has changed since last week....cold shot early this week then a cutter followed by a more interesting pattern for us...I guess one could say the cold shot has been trending colder since NYE

Agreed. The pattern after the 10th is when we will have our opportunity. I'm in the below normal camp temp wise for Jan.

The gfs clearly hints at the 10/11th storm after our cutter, and then it unleashes some nice cold afterwards.

Very shifty op runs with the atmosphere in flux. I wouldn't go beyond the Day 3-5 timeframe otherwise you'll drive yourself nuts.

Agree , you will need to get closer to really look at the spacing and placement of the 2 SWs . Storm 1 ( which heads NE ) as the trough has pulled back for 3 days will help pull your baroclinic zone S and E as it exits . ( So don`t look for wintry with that one ).

Then you will need a good trough axis to set up as the system behind turns for it to work . 

People get excited way too fast. And then nothing happens and hide for weeks at a time. If it happens then it will and if not well life goes on. I normally dont post here much but come on now. At the same time i would take time and learn some things from experts who know more then us. Learning is a wonderful thing. Happy New Years EVERYONE!!!

Archived