Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Winter Banter

dmillz25

The warm weather feels great. 

I honestly don't even know what I would do with a snowstorm at this point. I have become so accustomed to the warmth and lack of any meaningful threats that I haven't looked beyond day 7 on a model in weeks.

have to say, I've enjoying doing other things besides model watch for a change....

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Move to Canada if you love the cold.

Funny thing is, it's not really cold even in Southern Canada. You need to go North of most of the big cities before you find consistently sub freezing temps.

Yeah. Montreal has no snow on the ground. The average lows there are in the teens already.

They had their coldest February on record this year and are all happy now.

Well, it's quite obvious that this site is heavily snow-oriented, so while there are some warm "weenies" who might constantly disagree with snow lovers, I believe that there should be some balance in this forum. Though some more logical, reasonable debates between snow and warm lovers would definitely be appreciated what with all the constant jabs and insults being thrown back and forth between the two groups of weather lovers.

And even so, I'm sure that many of these "fights" between the snow and warm "weenies" are all in good humor, or at worst just some minor arguments between a couple of weather lovers who might not be getting exactly what they want in terms of weather, such as in a pattern like we're in now, and shouldn't be taken too seriously in my opinion.

Good points. 

I give you credit for consistency and do hope your forecasted change works out. It's nice to see ensembles stay the course but I worry it'll be more transient than a pattern change.

Seeing the PNA switch from - to + would be a great sign as well. Again I don't think a -AO/NAO will play much of a role this winter because of the strong Nino, but that doesn't mean we can't score if we see cooperation out west as seen past couple of winters.

But you never worry about warm forecasts. Always confident about those. Why is that?

And when the pattern finally broke last January and NYC had a well above average snow season, against 98 to 2 odds...where were you? That's right...you disappeared from the forum.

Hmm. It's a long shot but lemme guess. He's going warm?

Still deny the existence of sudden stratospheric warming events? :lol:

You aren't too good at reading comprehension are you? I never, ever said there was no such thing as a SSW, that is just plain stupid, you suggested that one was actually occurring at the time, which it clearly wasn't. Must have been you telling us about the wet SSW dream you had overnight where you woke up and had to change your boxers after

Love the hostility toward the man actually attempting to help improve LR forecasting, and the complete ignorance of the science, which leads to resentment. The differences between last Winter and this Winter are huge. Much easier to forecast SSWEs this Winter. In fact, they are already happening...the first two just as his model predicted. Another is predicted for the first week of Jan and another stronger one the second week of Jan, which is forecast to finally do the deed on the PV.

Everything is progressing as expected.

Love the hostility toward the man actually attempting to help improve LR forecasting, and the complete ignorance of the science, which leads to resentment. The differences between last Winter and this Winter are huge. Much easier to forecast SSWEs this Winter. In fact, they are already happening...the first two just as his model predicted. Another is predicted for the first week of Jan and another stronger one the second week of Jan, which is forecast to finally do the deed on the PV.

Everything is progressing as expected.

Remember "The little boy who cried wolf" Newsflash: Nobody cared and his sheep died. You're sort of in that category now too

Archived