• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Met Winter Banter

dmillz25

Amazing the difference between NYC and suburbs this month. Central Park is already +6.5 and has not even broken the 30s with 5 consecutive lows at or above 40F. Here in Dobbs Ferry, last night was in the upper 20s and the nights before were in the low to mid 30s.

Just shows how little Central Park radiates on clear nights with no wind. Outlying areas, however, radiate well under the strong ridge.

NYC could end up with a massive departure this December if we really get 3-4 days in the 60s.

That's why I feel they break the record easily even if surrounding areas don't..+10 is a real possibility

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In case it becomes necessary later, can anyone post what the record for the LEAST/AVG. Number of days with a low of 32 or less is for an entire winter season is at CPK?   Also the LEAST/AVG number days with a high of 32 or less for a season at CPK.  Thanks.

You understand that December is playing out pretty much exactly as you'd expect if the snowy forecasts prove correct, right? That this was actually well-forecast in advance, insofar as a 2SD AN month can be forecast in advance?

I knew that the back-loaded Nino winter would induce some window-jumpers, but I never imagined it would start 7 goddamned days into winter. This sets a new record for stupidity.

Idk about that. We've had people that jumped ship in the late summer/early fall.

Idk about that. We've had people that jumped ship in the late summer/early fall.

who jumped ship already?   I do agree with some that this has an 01-02 or 11-12 type stink about it,(not just the warmth, but the lack of storms) but it's just way to early to get off the boat at this point...if we get to 1/10 or something like that and we're in the same pattern, at that point I think it's safe to jump ship.  By that time, it's usually fairly evident what's going to happen (or not happen)

Archived