Midlo Snow Maker

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

YTD - 21.0"

1/17: 0.25"

1/20: 1.25"

1/22-23: 19.5"

After finally finding a reasonably decent place to measure, and consulting with local official obs and a meterologist, I am upping my total to 19.5".  I think the two 22" obs right by me seem a little inflated.  

I'm switching to 20" based on the below post. I also consulted a Meteorologist in New England, who suggest that with a storm of this size, a snow depth the next day of 2-3" less from a properly measured storm total is legit.  

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/topic/47729-dca-snowfall-total-controversy/?p=3931059

1/22-1/23: 29"

Didn't you say you reported 25" near the end of the storm? 

FWIW my 26" total was based purely on the depth during Saturday evening... I always felt it was relatively low, and most other reports in my area range from upper 20s to 32". Is it kosher to revise it upwards if I think the amount that fell was a bit higher?

Didn't you say you reported 25" near the end of the storm?

FWIW my 26" total was based purely on the depth during Saturday evening... I always felt it was relatively low, and most other reports in my area range from upper 20s to 32". Is it kosher to revise it upwards if I think the amount that fell was a bit higher?

I'm basing mine off nearby spotters who all reported 29, plus a Twitter follower who lives up the road from me, we also reported 29. I know my measurement wasn't correct, I was using the driveway Saturday and then shoveled it. So then it was an estimate on how much fell after the shoveling. I was on par with other spotters until about 11, when we finished shoveled.

If you feel yours was lower than surrounding reports, then adjust as see fit. I saw a measurement of 28" for cockeysville... So I'd go with that if you think yours was off.

Archived