• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2015 Discussion

Hoosier

Over achieved big time today. High of 49°. It as nice to have 100% sunshine today.

Temp tanked right after sunset, already near freezing.

On the flip side, underachieved big time here. Had fog and clouds all day which kept temp at 30 with an expected high of low 40's. Since dropped to 28 with a dense fog advisory just issued. Surprised ILN didn't go with freezing fog advisory like IND did.

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the flip side, underachieved big time here. Had fog and clouds all day which kept temp at 30 with an expected high of low 40's. Since dropped to 28 with a dense fog advisory just issued. Surprised ILN didn't go with freezing fog advisory like IND did.

You really need the sun this time of year to warm up, or a strong south wind. Tis the season for inversions and stratus decks.

Stick a fork on this weekend at the going rate. It's beginning to look like a repeat of last weekend, sans last Saturday's rain.

Well, today and tomorrow are certainly looking to be huge forecast busts from a temp / sky cover standpoint.

While yesterday morning, Sunny / clear skies and temps well into the 40s were expected today and Sunday, now the forecast from DTX only calls for highs topping out in the upper 30s with cloudy skies through the first half of Sunday.

Well, today and tomorrow are certainly looking to be huge forecast busts from a temp / sky cover standpoint.

While yesterday morning, Sunny / clear skies and temps well into the 40s were expected today and Sunday, now the forecast from DTX only calls for highs topping out in the upper 30s with cloudy skies through the first half of Sunday.

Today's high of 33 at DTW was 18F colder than GFS MOS forecast high :lmao:

What is avg for yby? Your sig totals look laughably lopsided right now. 212 inches at your latitude! How do find time to measure it all?

I would say around 130" or so. Yeah the last two years have been some of the best in quite awhile for Southern Erie county with one lake snow event after the other. I have a board I use in the back for measuring snow and measure whenever I am at home every 6 hours, if I'm not at home my wife works from home and does the measuring. If I moved just 10-15 minutes southeast my yearly average would go up near 200", 30 minutes south/southwest it goes up to 200-250"+ annually. I choose this area because it can receive some of the highest rates of snowfall anywhere in the country. 10" per hour was received last year in one of the bands just north of my location. It's also a really convenient location for getting to most places in Buffalo in 15-20 minutes and the Town of Hamburg has loads of shops/restaurants/etc...It was voted the best place to live in WNY last year.

76691d1299521402-looking-some-info-weste

I would say around 130" or so. Yeah the last two years have been some of the best in quite awhile for Southern Erie county with one lake snow event after the other. I have a board I use in the back for measuring snow and measure whenever I am at home every 6 hours, if I'm not at home my wife works from home and does the measuring. If I moved just 10-15 minutes southeast my yearly average would go up near 200", 30 minutes south/southwest it goes up to 200-250"+ annually. I choose this area because it can receive some of the highest rates of snowfall anywhere in the country. 10" per hour was received last year in one of the bands just north of my location. It's also a really convenient location for getting to most places in Buffalo in 15-20 minutes and the Town of Hamburg has loads of shops/restaurants/etc...It was voted the best place to live in WNY last year.

76691d1299521402-looking-some-info-weste

130" annually would be a nice tally to have.

What's the story with that island of 80-100" to your ESE? Higher patch of terrain I'm guessing.

Noticing the fog reports coming in to my south and it seems to be making progress northwards.

Pretty cool image on Detroit's tallest buildings above^.

Archived