• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Thanksgiving weekend heavy rainfall event

janetjanet998

Please stop with this. Seriously. It's beyond annoying at this point. The two feet of rain you had in 10 days late last month is indicative of a "DRY climate"? 

Also, Austin's had more than "light drizzle". Parts of the city have close to 2". 

You got me on Austin's rain. However, Buda has had a few showers of mostly light rain or drizzle so far. May and October in south central TX were definitely very wet this year. Fair enough. But Austin does have a relatively drier climate overall than many places in the US.

here we go again

moderate to heavy rain over the NW 1/2 of the metroplex 

trinity river at dallas in major flood

4 deaths reported

Deaths that could have been prevented if people would wise up and pay attention. Yards are just swamps around here no place for the water to go anymore.

You got me on Austin's rain. However, Buda has had a few showers of mostly light rain or drizzle so far. May and October in south central TX were definitely very wet this year. Fair enough. But Austin does have a relatively drier climate overall than many places in the US.

It's drier than NYC where I'm from or DC where you're from, but it's not arid. We've already established that rain in Austin comes more like "all at once" than other areas, but that doesn't mean "Dallas always gets the rain". Heck, we're considered Flash Flood Alley!!

To be honest, I don't mind the drier climate and the wider variety of wildlife and flora compared to northern TX and OK. In NYC you certainly don't see chamelion-like lizards crawling through your bushes. 

It's drier than NYC where I'm from or DC where you're from, but it's not arid. We've already established that rain in Austin comes more like "all at once" than other areas, but that doesn't mean "Dallas always gets the rain". Heck, we're considered Flash Flood Alley!!

To be honest, I don't mind the drier climate and the wider variety of wildlife and flora compared to northern TX and OK. In NYC you certainly don't see chamelion-like lizards crawling through your bushes. 

The lizards are interesting. Also, I have seen plenty of deer in the front yard here. We are out in the country. One evening, I counted twelve deer in the front yard!

Archived