• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE/ Non Storm OBS thread

I hope it's not a trend with T-storms this Spring/Summer...uggh.

When I was growing up it seemed to T-storm every afternoon during Summer. And "good ones"....not now.

Growing up in Bethlehem, I used to watch most storms ride to the north from Schuylkill into Carbon and Monroe counties. Most seemed to miss my area of the Lehigh Valley. When I moved back from Phoenix, and ended up north in Tamaqua, I figured I'd see more storms, remembering what it was like during my younger years. Now they miss up here and slam the Valley more often than not...lol

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

31F already, it will be too damn cold for April the next two mornings then again on the weekend.

Peaches started blooming three days ago orchard crops are going to take a big hit. Got my fingers crossed my blueberries won't be damaged the blossoms are about to pop.

26F for my low

Latest GFS looks mostly cloudy with snow showers on Saturday with temps in the 30's, April 9th eh  :yikes: absurd cold season with mid October cold and flurries and now this in April

* snow maps with .5 to 1" in SEPA and 2" Monmouth County  ;)

22.4 in NW Chesco this morning with a hard frozen ground and widespread frost.    Quick survey of the flowers doesn't look good.

Forsythias and Bradford pear blossoms are limp with color washed out.    Hyacinths flat on the ground.   Would guess hydrangea

buds will turn brown/black.     Looks like we do it all again Sunday morning.

0z NAM is an advisory event to warning level near NYC, went far north from previous runs

Yup surface temps scorch the area though. You do decent but central NJ is mostly rain as evident on the snow maps. 18z gfs wasn't nearly that warm and it dropped 3-4"" across bucks and central NJ into NYC. With it falling during the day though it's probably more like 2-3". Nam took the low right over the area where the gfs was just south. That'll make the difference between rain and snow.

Archived