Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE/ Non Storm OBS thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Total rain 1.22" here in Media Delaware County. The cherry blossoms are out on some trees and also saw white flowers on a dogwood never have I seen that before in December

My lilac has blooms on it now.  Never saw that before.  I am sure my red osier dogwood will be blooming soon.  There are still maple trees with brilliant color in town.  Next week looks warmer so we shall see what else thinks it's spring.  My friend is a conch (whelk) fisherman and he is still catching octopi and groupers in his pots.  Hope that conference in France is going well.

The December torch isn't bothering me this year. Maybe it's because the last two winters were so good around here. Or maybe it's because most forecasts were calling for a warm Dec and this was expected.

But what I do find mildly concerning is the lack of storms. Where are the coastal lows we tend to get in many Nino falls? If it ever does turn cold, will we get precip?

People have said this Nino would be different. And maybe this is how -- we'll have below normal precip this winter. (Please don't read this as weenie panic ... just thinking out loud is all.)

The December torch isn't bothering me this year. Maybe it's because the last two winters were so good around here. Or maybe it's because most forecasts were calling for a warm Dec and this was expected.

But what I do find mildly concerning is the lack of storms. Where are the coastal lows we tend to get in many Nino falls? If it ever does turn cold, will we get precip?

People have said this Nino would be different. And maybe this is how -- we'll have below normal precip this winter. (Please don't read this as weenie panic ... just thinking out loud is all.)

Thought by now a wetter pattern would be evident.

So...this "winter" seems to be in line with most people's forecasts with a warm December.   Are we still expecting a cool down near the end of the month or has that been delayed?

ECM day 10 ensembles are putrid, looks like another torcher between winter solstice and Christmas. I fear shorts weather could happen again after an ever so brief cool down. This is fast becoming the ultimate horror story December for winter fans. Hopefully the January pattern shift will happen.

I expected warm, wanted to predict +4F over my +3 for the month but is sounded so warm...this is good jumping weather for snow geese :cliff:

Archived