Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE/ Non Storm OBS thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

KPHL reporting 65F.  Am 61.5F here.  But if you look out towards the upper midwest, the arctic air is a-coming! Earlier this morning, it was in the -20Fs there. :shiver:

Yep, they have the record. Wouldn't be surprised at another degree or so for Philly. Can't wait for the cold...

I'm at 62.2F.

Thin line ready to move through. Winds are starting to kick...

I watched something headed across your way to the north of me.... and then got treated to a rainbow from an odd location (almost due north).  Couldn't get the camera out fast enough before it disappeared. I was in the screw zone as the convection line hit the hills and broke up over NW Philly as it moved towards the NE.

I watched something headed across your way to the north of me.... and then got treated to a rainbow from an odd location (almost due north).  Couldn't get the camera out fast enough before it disappeared. I was in the screw zone as the convection line hit the hills and broke up over NW Philly as it moved towards the NE.

I received nothing but some nice dark clouds and wind. (brief) Partly to mostly sunny out now. Temps down to 56.1F

Seen it hit 66 on Wunderground but that's not 100% accurate. Still a record either way..

They posted the RER earlier -

These data are preliminary and have not undergone final quality control by the National Climatic Data Center (NCDC). Therefore, these data are subject to revision. Final and certified climate data can be accessed at the NCDC - http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov.
Record Report

SXUS71 KPHI 102141
RERPHL

RECORD EVENT REPORT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MOUNT HOLLY NJ
0426 PM EST SUN JAN 10 2016

...RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE SET AT PHILADELPHIA PENNSYLVANIA...

A RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE OF 65 DEGREES WAS SET AT PHILADELPHIA
PENNSYLVANIA TODAY. THIS BREAKS THE OLD RECORD OF 63 SET IN 1950.

SFJ

But that is about to be 30° lower by this time tomorrow!

Wow, that's an awesome picture. I wasn't hit with one of the stronger cells, but it was fun to watch the clouds as they moved by.

I ended up seeing not 1 but 2 rainbows this afternoon (situated along 2 different parts of the sky about about 25 minutes apart) as those storms were moving past (at least those cells moving way north of me going east).  Just not used to seeing rainbows in winter.

Weird weather day. Made it into the 60's with some serious rain last night. Two squall lines raged through during the afternoon hours followed by a vivid, and full rainbow.

Oh and this is was the 18z gfs thinks of our epic pattern for the upcoming week... Sorry for the negativity. I'm a very salty Vikings fan at the moment.......

post-8902-0-87519100-1452470083_thumb.pn

Weird weather day. Made it into the 60's with some serious rain last night. Two squall lines raged through during the afternoon hours followed by a vivid, and full rainbow.

Oh and this is was the 18z gfs thinks of our epic pattern for the upcoming week... Sorry for the negativity. I'm a very salty Vikings fan at the moment.......

Tough break I turned the game off when it was like 9-0 because it was boring, doh

Tough break I turned the game off when it was like 9-0 because it was boring, doh

I knew all the field goals they settled for would come back to bite them in that ass. Walsh had a problem with short kicks and extra points all year. The Laces argument holds no weight for me. Frustrating when you have the two time NFC conference champs dead to rights pending a chip shot field goal and blow it. But I digress.... Our future is bright. 

I knew all the field goals they settled for would come back to bite them in that ass. Walsh had a problem with short kicks and extra points all year. The Laces argument holds no weight for me. Frustrating when you have the two time NFC conference champs dead to rights pending a chip shot field goal and blow it. But I digress.... Our future is bright. 

LACES out!- Ace Ventura :lol:

There is no epic pattern coming through the 20th. Since New Years it's been great pattern-awful pattern-awesome pattern-ho hum pattern. Models have no idea what in the hell they are doing long range right now we can only hope to get lucky with something.

The ensemble mean wants to shoot the ao and nao positive after the 20th. This is where I'd say we have our best shot at a storm regardless what the models are showing right now. Many historical storms have occurred on the change from negative to positive but if we don't, it's going to be ugly heading into February. At that point I may start to root for an all time snowless winter. I had a feeling the strong El Niño would be bad news for our area.

Archived