Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
E PA/NJ/DE/ Non Storm OBS thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not looking good but not time to jump unless Jan 1 the long range looks as bad as it does now

Sigh of relief the incredible mild period is over and there are signs that January could be colder than many had suggested, possibly normal to below. Even a hint thrown out there in the MA thread about 78 analogs...but normal snow amounts and I will be happy.

Feels like Christmas morning. Good trends today are making me get really hyped up for this winter...Let's just hope that things go as planned. I guess the models will flip-flop in the future a bit, but it seems like things are going well. Cheers to a new year, and hopefully a new winter-beast that'll bring some snow for us all.

Nice night here in NW Chester County PA as we watch the approaching arctic front ...should easily eclipse the lowest temp (26.8 on 12/20) so far this season---I would not be shocked to see a few flakes as far south as here overnight and more likely tomorrow during the PM. What a difference a year makes....prior to 12/31 only 9 daily low temps of below 32 - most likely an all-time record.

Since then nothing but sub 32 lows every day and should see most lows sub 32 for most days during the next couple months - not that that is unusual

Currently 35.0 here

High today was 45.6

AM Low was 27.1

Nice night here in NW Chester County PA as we watch the approaching arctic front ...should easily eclipse the lowest temp (26.8 on 12/20) so far this season---I would not be shocked to see a few flakes as far south as here overnight and more likely tomorrow during the PM. What a difference a year makes....prior to 12/31 only 9 daily low temps of below 32 - most likely an all-time record.

Since then nothing but sub 32 lows every day and should see most lows sub 32 for most days during the next couple months - not that that is unusual

Currently 35.0 here

High today was 45.6

AM Low was 27.1

We managed 50 here today and a low of 26 in Media Delaware County currently 32

Woke up at about 1:30 am to peep out to see if I could catch any meteor activity (temps were still above freezing in the 34 - 35F range).  Saw a few whispy clouds near the horizon but the sky was generally clear and winds calm.  Seeing nothing else, fell back asleep and woke again about 3:30 am, checked, and saw that a thick cloud deck had rolled in with some light NW winds. Now as of 6:45 am, temps are down to 28.8F and dropping steadily.  Arctic air has arrived!

Archived