Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
E PA/NJ/DE/ Non Storm OBS thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone beginning to see signs in the overall pattern... look at the water vapor map... it is just a matter of time until this whole kit and kabuttle heads eastbound.

29 below right now up in northwest Canada come on Negative AO and +PNA really need ya!!!

http://wx.aerisweather.com/maps/sats/wv/24hr/us.html

Strong southwest winds have begun here and the warm front is through here in Media Delaware County a few drops of rain low clouds flying NNE 1.00" of rain has fallen today with a thunderstorm last hour.

Temp 67 humidity 98% dewpoint 67 wow!!!  Dec. 23rd This is some major octane for a powerful storm down the road!!

Anyone beginning to see signs in the overall pattern... look at the water vapor map... it is just a matter of time until this whole kit and kabuttle heads eastbound.

29 below right now up in northwest Canada come on Negative AO and +PNA really need ya!!!

http://wx.aerisweather.com/maps/sats/wv/24hr/us.html

Pattern is changing finally after what feels like 8 months of a dry heat ridge. May have to endure some painful cold rain storms for a while though, not buying the Cosgrove switch to deep winter in just two weeks. But there is a window for something white early in January.

Where? I haven't seen any trees blooming. My lawn is still actively growing though...

There have been some assorted cherries blooming around downtown Philly.  In fact, I saw a couple bare sycamores that had a few branches in full leaf (these were next to asphalt parking lots, which create warmer microclimates).

There have been some assorted cherries blooming around downtown Philly.  In fact, I saw a couple bare sycamores that had a few branches in full leaf (these were next to asphalt parking lots, which create warmer microclimates).

I figured that maybe in the warmer inner city something might be popping. I don't get down there in my travels, though. Elsewhere, the trees look like winter, but the grass and farm fields (particularly down in Lancaster County) are mid-May green.

Even here, my grass is green and growing, and IF it were to dry out, I might give the lawn one more mowing. Other than that, the only non-lawn new growth I've seen are mine and my in-laws fall Mums. They are sprouting new growth since I pruned them down.

I figured that maybe in the warmer inner city something might be popping. I don't get down there in my travels, though. Elsewhere, the trees look like winter, but the grass and farm fields (particularly down in Lancaster County) are mid-May green.

Even here, my grass is green and growing, and IF it were to dry out, I might give the lawn one more mowing. Other than that, the only non-lawn new growth I've seen are mine and my in-laws fall Mums. They are sprouting new growth since I pruned them down.

There are a bunch of folks around me on the Philly/Montco border that have roses still blooming (probably the knock-outs which will keep blooming until a hard freeze solidifies the flowers right on the stems :lmao:  ).  The mowing season is still going on around here.

Hope everyone enjoys the holidays, the season, and the rain, since we needed it... and heck, we may even get some

:lightning: 

action today!

There is a variety of cherry which blooms in winter.

This little stand of trees blooms on and off all year (with the biggest bloom in spring)... and most years, always produces a few blooms in winter (except last winter where there was nothing but bare branches, which was a surprise).  However right now, they are in full bloom just like they would be in spring!

Maxed out at 69.8 in NW Chesco after a low since midnight of 65.1.   That low is about 41 degrees above normal for here.

Was in Phoenixville this afternoon and many cherry trees along the streets are in full bloom, roses blooming, thich green grass

growing and hydrangeas are showing green leaves.    That will likely mean no blooms on the hydrangeas this year.

Archived