• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Mid-Atlantic winter 2015-16 snowfall contest

PrinceFrederickWx

I figured I'd take the lead on this since I didn't see one up yet. Last year's was a lot of fun.

Predict how much snow will fall (down to tenths of an inch) for the entire season (not just DJF) at the four airports. As always, the winner will be the combined lowest [absolute value] departure at all four locations. Tiebreaker will be February precip total at BWI.

All entries must be received by 11:59pm on Monday, Nov. 30

Please post predictions in the following format:

DCA:
IAD:
BWI:
RIC:

Tiebreaker:

Good luck everyone!

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Revised...

DCA: 16-20" 19.6

IAD: 20-25" 24.4

BWI: 18-22" 21.5

RIC: Are you kidding me? We get nothing here thanks to the Chester Snow Hole over DT House...but since you asked 10-14" at the Airport with 14-18" at my house west of Richmond 15.1

Tiebreaker: Redskins win the NFC East...oh wrong one...2.85"

So is 15.1" your final call for RIC? You have that at the end but then say 10-14" at the airport. I'm a little confused.

So far for DCA - Average - 16.0", Median - 17.2"...versus a norm of ~15/11...so folks a little more bullish than the norm....But definitely a savvy forum...all reasonable guesses...though the 0.1 is a little silly...

If you are using super El Nino as an analog, it isn't really (97-98).

What the hell... I'll put one in.  Thinking of 82-83 with this.

DCA: 23"
IAD: 32"
BWI: 29"
RIC: 24"

Tiebreaker: 3.93"

So is 15.1" your final call for RIC? You have that at the end but then say 10-14" at the airport. I'm a little confused.

Usually the east end of town around the airport or at any point east of I-95 usually gets less snowfall then say on my side of town out by short pump Midlothian Goochland that's why I categorize them into two separate areas sorry for the confusion but we always get more snow west of Richmond that we do in downtown Richmond or out of the airport where the official measurements are taken . So yes 15.1 for RIC

Archived