SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Pittsburgh, PA Thread: Winter 2015-2016

meatwad

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw that Jeff V. at 10:00 too. He is really weird sometimes. It is almost like he doesn't want to be there and is downplaying on purpose for some reason.

I predicted several hours back that Allegh. Co. would upgrade to WSW.

As far as I am concerned I am satisfied with this storm over-performing already, I have 2.5 inches on the ground and it wasn't even supposed to start up here until after 11:00. As long as those greens keep coming through our area we should go over projected totals. According to models and radars it could snow for at least 13 more hours. 

Don't be surprised if the final totals are in for 6-8 in the north Hills and 8-12 and some 16 in other counties south and east.

Just like Jan 1996 and Feb 2010. Maybe not as big but very close.

Thank the detour sign as it was hard at work going against the mets and models to bring this thing far enough to at least get us all a decent snowfall. (Except for the NAM haha)

PBZ:

.NEAR TERM /THROUGH TODAY/...
NO CHANGES TO OVERNIGHT PERIOD. BANDS OF SNOW CONTINUE TO MOVE
FROM SOUTHEAST TO NORTHWEST ACROSS THE AREA AS MOISTURE WRAPS
AROUND DEVELOPING COASTAL LOW. BOTH SAT AND RADAR IMAGERY ARE
SHOWING DRIER AIR TRYING TO MOVE OVER THE AREA...WHICH WILL
EVENTUALLY DECREASE SNOWFALL RATES.

COASTAL LOW WILL MOVE OUT TO SEA THIS AFTERNOON...SNOW WILL
LINGER WHERE THE DEFORMATION BAND/TROWAL REMAINS...BUT SHOULD END
FROM WEST TO EAST BY LATE THIS AFTERNOON. MADE NO CHANGES TO
CURRENT TIMING. 

Measured another 5" half an hour ago, putting storm total as of now to 12.5" and counting.  There were some very impressive bands that went through.  That dry air is a bit of a concern in the near future.  Not sure how long that will linger; hopefully the strengthening low will diminish it somewhat.

Going to be interesting to see how much moisture is pushed back our way...we are fairly locked in right now with light to moderate snow, but I just wonder how much the coastal will throw all the way back here? It is interesting that the precip actually looks like it is expanding further north and west right now.

Archived