SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
November 11th-12th storm system

Thundersnow12

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mean, I could be wrong and perhaps we end up with a solid line that has a lot of damaging wind reports, but the NAM/4 km NAM with its more discrete looking activity gives me pause and makes me wonder if it will be more in the way of discrete cells/broken lines.  Storm mode is definitely up in the air. 

The NAM all along has said this no?  

It looks as if its trying to form a line, but you end up with a bunch of discrete cells along a mass..  Sounds interesting for November.

LOT really doesn't sound too enthused and it's hard to disagree, best threat looks well west over the IA/MO/IL tri-state area

Gino raises some good points. I'd favor a non-event for the CWA. IF moisture advection is better than progged, looooook out

Sent from my SM-G925V

LOT really doesn't sound too enthused and it's hard to disagree, best threat looks well west over the IA/MO/IL tri-state area

Looks like more of a non severe wind damage potential for our area.

DMX pulled the trigger on the High wind watches.

* WINDS...SUSTAINED SPEEDS OF 35 TO 40 MPH WITH GUSTS IN EXCESS OF

50 MPH LATE EVENING AND OVERNIGHT.

Rocking...

I don't know, winds don't seem that astounding for the eastern side of this subforum. But then again, 50 mph gusts are probably exciting for most people. I personally would consider wind gusts of 55+ mph to be worthy of my excitement. Maybe I'm just hard to please?

I guess I'm most looking forward to the longevity of the wind event.. it's odd to have both the front and back sides of this storm packing a punch in the wind department.

Doesn't look like sustained winds here will exceed 25 knots. Kind of disappointing.

I don't know, winds don't seem that astounding for the eastern side of this subforum. But then again, 50 mph gusts are probably exciting for most people. I personally would consider wind gusts of 55+ mph to be worthy of my excitement. Maybe I'm just hard to please?

I guess I'm most looking forward to the longevity of the wind event.. it's odd to have both the front and back sides of this storm packing a punch in the wind department.

Doesn't look like sustained winds here will exceed 25 knots. Kind of disappointing.

Hmm I would tend to disagree. Still a decent wind event around here. 25kts sustained wind is notable and BUFKIT was showing gusts to 53kts off yesterday's 00Z GFS momentum transfer (behind the front). Haven't had a chance to run BUFKIT today but I'd expect that to remain consistent and the NAM will likely come in higher today (was showing 48kts yesterday).

Obviously severe potential is limited around here but we will still likely see blanket High Wind Warnings.

With the cooler weather making shingles a bit more brittle, hours of sustained winds of 40-50+ will likely cause more damage to roofing than normal (or what would be expected during summer months).

On the flip side, at least in the DKB area, all the trees are bare. As such, tree damage should be somewhat minimal. This duration of high winds coupled with full trees and ComEd's power network would have caused severe power outages.

Still kicking around the idea of chasing, but storm motion may be so fast that it will not be worth it.

With the cooler weather making shingles a bit more brittle, hours of sustained winds of 40-50+ will likely cause more damage to roofing than normal (or what would be expected during summer months).

On the flip side, at least in the DKB area, all the trees are bare. As such, tree damage should be somewhat minimal. This duration of high winds coupled with full trees and ComEd's power network would have caused severe power outages.

Still kicking around the idea of chasing, but storm motion may be so fast that it will not be worth it.

Not bare trees here.  Well, some are, but a lot of them still have some leaves.  There's actually one outside my front door that's still all green lol.  But I'd imagine most of the trees won't put up much resistance and it will be a blizzard of leaves.

Harrisale : Unlikely for Wind Warnings here. Criteria is 70 kph gusting 90 kph. This event looks more like 45 kph gusting 75 kph. Sub-criteria event for the GTA.

EC issued wind warnings last week for sustained winds of 40-50km/h and only a few isolated gusts of 80-90km/h. I think we'll see them again for this event, considering models have gusts in the 90-95km/h range. Also I should mention I'm looking at BUFKIT for Kitchener-Waterloo not YYZ proper.

Seems as though they are willing to break from the criteria.

Archived