• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Winter 2015-16 Disco

I'm fine with some warmth in November but it had better be cooler by Thanksgiving. I don't know if it's a mental thing or how we vision the winter holidays in terms of environment or just memory as a child but something about it being sunny and 60 on Thanksgiving doesn't feel right and never has. Sunshine is fine, but I'd prefer the temperatures be a little cooler. It doesn't have to be cold like it was last year, nor does it have to snow the day before as it did last year. Actually, let me correct myself; it doesn't have to overproduce in snow in some places and totally bust in other places like it did last year. But I would like it to be brisk. "But of course that is just my opinion. I could be wrong."

Yeah I enjoy the warmth right up until Thanksgiving.  A few years back we had temps in the 60s on Thanksgiving day until a front came through in the afternoon.  We had to have all the windows open due to hours of cooking...it wasn't right.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing worse then sweating your kahonas off walking to your tree stand. Come thanksgiving, i'm ready for colder weather.

Looks like light rain all day Tuesday.

Just got back from a few days up north and lets just say...I've got some laundry to do.  Great time but made for tough times afield.  Still managed some great morning activity, but afternoons were weak.  My son got a nice 8 saturday afternoon (post frontal activity).  Nice to see some coming back to chat.  Its been way too long a summer.....I've waited my turn a plenty :).

Nut

Just got back from a few days up north and lets just say...I've got some laundry to do.  Great time but made for tough times afield.  Still managed some great morning activity, but afternoons were weak.  My son got a nice 8 saturday afternoon (post frontal activity).  Nice to see some coming back to chat.  Its been way too long a summer.....I've waited my turn a plenty :).

Nut

Welcome back from your summer hiatus Kemosabbie.

Welcome back from your summer hiatus Kemosabbie.

Good to be back.  Hope all's well w/ you and yours.

have i ever told you that I love your sig?  Thats one to remember.  

Sounds like we toggle back and forth w/ typical fall weather till around Turk day, then maybe some chance at our first taste of winter. I'll take what weve been getting till then (save the 70's last week...just a little much), as i really enjoy autumn with crisp mornings and comfortable afternoons.  

Nut

Good to be back.  Hope all's well w/ you and yours.

have i ever told you that I love your sig?  Thats one to remember.  

Sounds like we toggle back and forth w/ typical fall weather till around Turk day, then maybe some chance at our first taste of winter. I'll take what weve been getting till then (save the 70's last week...just a little much), as i really enjoy autumn with crisp mornings and comfortable afternoons.  

Nut

i'm with ya, i like that too.

Tom Russel here on cbs 21 issued his winter forecast for the LSV.

- warmer than last year

- lots of mixed ptype storms

- cold shots continuously in February

i ordered more salt then i did last year, just on a gut instinct.

Sitting with the windows open at 59 degrees on Nov 12th at 8:30 pm.  Yea, epic winter my a$$.  Thankfully I have Fallout 4 & Supreme Commander to hold me over until next winter.

Who called for Epic...??

Noone i've been reading.  Its been touted by many respected mets that a second half winter was/is likely (whatever that may be).

Only a few have gone big...or like yourself...have written it off.

Nut

Has anyone looked at last night's 0Z GFS run?  I'm pretty sure it's showing a decent Greenland block that develops mid-way through the run and intensifies through the end.  Strong high pressure approaching 1050mb with 850's in the minus 30's over Greenland while it keeps us below -10 at 850 (probably not during the 18Z timeframes) for almost 5 days straight.  That seems pretty darn impressive for late November to me.

Eric H's first blast might be arriving ahead of schedule if this run turns out to be accurate.  At the very least it looks like Thanksgiving Day is going to be feeling more like winter.

Archived