• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2015-16 Disco

Another hallmark is the 850mb zonal wind anomalies are a tremendous -6 to -8 standard deviations per the Euro (GFS is similar too). That kind of an easterly fetch off of the Atlantic alone would add solid support to the very high snow amounts that have been being put out on the models. I think Feb 4-6, 2010 had something to the tune of -4 to -6. Crazy.

was just sharing this thought with my brother who was asking for an update.  Just like 96' it makes sense that sleet could get into the LSV for a time w/ such a fetch.  Looks to be about 600 miles offshore all the way into eastern Ohio...WOW.  I dont want it, but a necessary evil if we want this thing to reach its potential.

Nut

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

was just sharing this thought with my brother who was asking for an update. Just like 96' it makes sense that sleet could get into the LSV for a time w/ such a fetch. Looks to be about 600 miles offshore all the way into eastern Ohio...WOW. I dont want it, but a necessary evil if we want this thing to reach its potential.

Nut

PDII also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The analog list is beyond incredible

171011778ad266bd3addb0d62b0ffe57.png

Wow talk about a who's who list of big storms lol. Aside from the obvious 1/8/96, 2/6/10, and 3/3/94, and 2/12/83...... 12/11/92 and 3/3/94 were prolific 24-30"+ storms within the commonwealth as well (more for interior PA).

HGR-Greencastle-Chambersburg-Gettysburg -- 24-30"

York-Lancaster-Parkton-Red Lion-Shrewsbury --

30-40"

Per the GFS. This is getting ridiculous. The deformation banding is absolutely unbelievable

Can you guys try to remember that there are folks who live north of Harrisburg? When I'm at work the only weather I have time to look at is this forum. Give some shouts to us as well, please.

Can you guys try to remember that there are folks who live north of Harrisburg? When I'm at work the only weather I have time to look at is this forum. Give some shouts to us as well, please.

Your in the money on the 18z bud....fret not...

basically eastern 2/3's of pa are 18"+.  That should hold you for a while eh?

Nut

Your in the money on the 18z bud....fret not...

basically eastern 2/3's of pa are 18"+.  That should hold you for a while eh?

Nut

lol...yeah!

What I'm getting at though is that when I'm out in the truck, all I have time to do is check out American. I don't have time for model checking and interpreting. I run 500-600 miles per day and it's pretty much go...go...go...

lol...yeah!

What I'm getting at though is that when I'm out in the truck, all I have time to do is check out American. I don't have time for model checking and interpreting. I run 500-600 miles per day and it's pretty much go...go...go...

That's the issue, you need to be like everyone else and pay attention to your phone while you drive!

lol...yeah!

Big fine if caught on phone w/cdl?

That's the issue, you need to be like everyone else and pay attention to your phone while you drive!

Ain't that the truth. I'll tell you, more than half the people who pass me, which is just about everyone since I'm governed at 64 mph, are texting. It's pretty scary when you think about it.

Archived