Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Central PA - Winter 2015-16 Disco

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stop. Both of you just stop.

That was the 18z GFS. If there's a model run that is useless outside of printing for toilet paper, right there it is. I'm not going to begin photoshopping horrible pictures of headstones and writing your screennames on them with marginal humor because you're panicking over the 18z Go **** Yourself model run.

Give it a few days. If Euro and Euro Para start doing that, I'll be around with Jim Jones grape drank.

Haha, but yup I agree.

I was just looking at the wind anomalies from today's 12z Euro. The 850mb U-wind anomalies (negative implies anomalous easterly flow) are off the charts... -5 to -7 st deviations in the eastern half of PA at the height. That's crazy. 

I take it that it's a good thing then? I'm not exactly a rookie model reader, but I don't understand some of the finer details of upper air happenings, so what does something like that bring to the table?

I take it that it's a good thing then? I'm not exactly a rookie model reader, but I don't understand some of the finer details of upper air happenings, so what does something like that bring to the table?

It brings a really moist conveyor into a cold airmass. Plus, the winds mixing down would be pretty impressive with near blizzard conditions if the run were to verify. Hope that helps!

135 still hitting hard up to MDT, 81 corridor, 0.5 also pushing deeper into true central, nearing UNV

It really slows down as the 500 hPa low closes off; maybe even retrogrades a bit to the NW. At hr 141 there's secondary development off the south shore of New England, elongating the low pressure to the east.

Archived