joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November Banter Southeast Style

Cold Rain

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Y'all in a post-thanksgiving hangover of sadness? This is incredibly depressing to read.

The end of the runs , on both models, basically show torch, some of the things people were counting on /using for their winter forecasts, are not panning out like they had thought , and the El Niño pattern is not even acting like a niño , so, not much to be thankful for , weatherwise! :(

Everything is evolving away from what you want to see for a good winter. No hangover here. Just going with the flow. Nino is "expected" to rapidly decline soon, so I "guess" that's good. The usual "second half" of winter will deliver, I "suppose".

lol... we have not even started the first half.

This is like deja vu. Last winter, everybody said just wait until February. Only got a few flurries. This winter, everyone says wait until February. Why should I expect this winter to have a different outcome than last winter ? This wait until February crap is getting really old.

Fab Feb was Fab here last year, sir! Fab Feb! Woooo!

This is like deja vu. Last winter, everybody said just wait until February. Only got a few flurries. This winter, everyone says wait until February. Why should I expect this winter to have a different outcome than last winter ? This wait until February crap is getting really old.

You should be the last person to punt winter.  One decent snow squall in late March would put you above average for the year.  

What? that you are bullish on snow or the flaming bag of stuff everyone else is talking about  :whistle:

The prior...question is do we snow in Jan....my answer is an emphatic yes.  Of the 5 strong+ ninos (post 1950) all have had accumulating snow in Jan for the Carolinas, even the furnace that is 98.  Of course, some spots may miss out but most will not.

wrong! You 95% of the board averages more snow in the month of March than December. January and February are the best months for snow.

I think in an average year, most areas have a better chance of seeing snow in Dec than March. I haven't seen significant snow in March since 1993 but I've had several decent snows in December since then. The averages may say march averages more snow, but that's probably because when it snows in March its often a big snow whereas Dec has many small snow events over the course of the years.

This is the banter thread, I would hope nobody is taking what is posted in here seriously.

There are some posters that have no idea what to take seriously and what not to, even though they've been here for over a year or more.  They rise and fall on the waves of perceived positive and negative posts.

I'm cool with your posts, packbacker.  But, I don't panic every time you show a +20 departure from normal map three weeks out.  It's you're reverse jinx working well...  :thumbsup:

There are some posters that have no idea what to take seriously and what not to, even though they've been here for over a year or more.  They rise and fall on the waves of perceived positive and negative posts.

I'm cool with your posts, packbacker.  But, I don't panic every time you show a +20 departure from normal map three weeks out.  It's you're reverse jinx working well...  :thumbsup:

What's the saying..."I can't fix stupid".  

When it turns colder mid-January and I post a favorable winter pattern you won't hear squat from the people complaining about what I post...we need to have two threads, one for people who only want to hear about how cold/snowy the winter will be and another for people that can actually discuss weather.

I have only posted like 39 times what I think is going to happen this winter and all ends with a wintery pattern after mid-Jan.  Yes, Dec will be warm get over it people

Archived