joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November Banter Southeast Style

Cold Rain

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, you got to watch a blu-ray disk on that thing, you will throw away the VCR!

Do you think it would look good on the 24" tube TV? That thing gets a little snowy at times, so I have to send Mrs. Cold Rain or Little Cold Sprinkle over there to reposition the rabbit ears or add some tin foil to them. Channel U seems to come in pretty good though. Pretty soon, I'm gonna spring for a color unit. I got my eye on one of those Mercury-Pacific floor models!

Do you think it would look good on the 24" tube TV? That thing gets a little snowy at times, so I have to send Mrs. Cold Rain or Little Cold Sprinkle over there to reposition the rabbit ears or add some tin foil to them. Channel U seems to come in pretty good though. Pretty soon, I'm gonna spring for a color unit. I got my eye on one of those Mercury-Pacific floor models!

Lol!

BTW, I see our December 4th storm is still there on the 00z GFS.  Just a bit warm.  Need more cold air ahead of it.  Looks like a big snowstorm for the interior Mid-Atlantic and Northeast (though looks rainy for the I-95 corridor itself).  Well, surface temps look iffy even there, but we've got no time for that!  Obviously, this storm is going to happen. :lol:

Sleet drifts?  Tony, We're missing out man....

Winter Storm Warning

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGENATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DODGE CITY KS717 AM CST FRI NOV 27 2015717 AM CST FRI NOV 27 2015...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL MIDNIGHT CST TONIGHT...THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN DODGE CITY HAS ISSUED A WINTERSTORM WARNING FOR SLEET...WHICH IS IN EFFECT UNTIL MIDNIGHT CSTTONIGHT. THE WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT.* MAIN IMPACT...SIGNIFICANT SLEET ACCUMULATION OF ONE INCH OR MORE  LEADING TO VERY DIFFICULT TRAVEL* WINDS...NORTH AT 15 TO 25 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 30 MPH WILL CAUSE  SOME MINOR DRIFTS OF SLEET IN SOME PLACES

This is like deja vu. Last winter, everybody said just wait until February. Only got a few flurries. This winter, everyone says wait until February. Why should I expect this winter to have a different outcome than last winter ? This wait until February crap is getting really old.

you usually have to wait until at least January anyways. It has been the patterns the last couple of years, it seems to be more backloaded. Last year we were just south of the line of demarcation, a little more latitude and you could of got 6 inches of snow.

you usually have to wait until at least January anyways. It has been the patterns the last couple of years, it seems to be more backloaded. Last year we were just south of the line of demarcation, a little more latitude and you could of got 6 inches of snow.

Yeah you usually have to wait until  January, but February ? That's ridiculous. January is historically our month with the best chance for snow. And I don't know what the deal is with every single December for the last 5 years being a complete torch. I remember back in the old days the "snow line" was somewhere around Columbus and Macon. The snow line being a line where it usually snows at least once every year. That line has shifted way north to about Rome and Gainesville. Thanks to global warming, I expect in 20 years that line to be somewhere in TN or KY.

Yeah you usually have to wait until  January, but February ? That's ridiculous. January is historically our month with the best chance for snow. And I don't know what the deal is with every single December for the last 5 years being a complete torch. I remember back in the old days the "snow line" was somewhere around Columbus and Macon. The snow line being a line where it usually snows at least once every year. That line has shifted way north to about Rome and Gainesville. Thanks to global warming, I expect in 20 years that line to be somewhere in TN or KY.

Would you stop with the "global warming" crap already?

Apparently, the warm oceans, cold continent theory, is in jeopardy!? The waters off AK are starting to cool alot.

And I would love, love , love cold and dry! Nothing puts you in the holiday spirit like Black Friday shopping, in shorts and tank top and running the AC in the car and the home!

#CANTWAIT FORNEXTYEARNINA!

#NINOSSUCKFORSNOW!

Apparently, the warm oceans, cold continent theory, is in jeopardy!? The waters off AK are starting to cool alot.

And I would love, love , love cold and dry! Nothing puts you in the holiday spirit like Black Friday shopping, in shorts and tank top and running the AC in the car and the home!

#CANTWAIT FORNEXTYEARNINA!

#NINOSSUCKFORSNOW!

#SESUCKSFORWINTER is more accurate.

Y'all in a post-thanksgiving hangover of sadness? This is incredibly depressing to read.

Yea, its incredible. The Thanksgiving leftovers have barely had time to cool in the fridge and people here and "over there" have already punted winter. Yes, the pattern sucks hard right now, but i doubt it lasts all the way to spring. 

Archived