• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November Banter Southeast Style

Cold Rain

Aren't they all? Or they would not even be discussed! :)

If there was a '73 redux storm, there would be like 1 or 2 posts an hour, and they would be from Buckeye and Shawn, maybe GaWx

True  :(  

We need South Carolina so storms can trend North and east with time. SC does have purpose, believe it or not!

:angry:

:hug:

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think he posts anymore.  Not sure what happened to Larry.  But maybe a '73 redux would bring him back!

There was a big blow up over a winter storm forecast with lots of back and forth.  Larry ended up wishing an inch of crippling ice on several posters and packed up and left. Several years ago now. It was one of the more entertaining episodes in our history.

He meant GaWx and he posts on another board now. Larry Cosgrove left this board 10 years ago when it was easternUS WX   because of the big blowup Jburns mentioned. I remember that very well and it turned out that our board was right and Larry Cosgrove wrong. That was a major icestorm for almost all of us in the SE forum.

He meant GaWx and he posts on another board now. Larry Cosgrove left this board 10 years ago when it was easternUS WX   because of the big blowup Jburns mentioned. I remember that very well and it turned out that our board was right and Larry Cosgrove wrong. That was a major icestorm for almost all of us in the SE forum.

You're right.  Different Larry.  I've been told this Larry left because I am a terrible mod.  

Good to see that Atlanta NWS has a sense of humor in todays AFD.

OTHERWISE...GUIDANCE INDICATING SOME STRANGE CODE KNOWN AS CL FOR
TUE THROUGH TUE NIGHT. THEY TELL ME IT MEANS SKY CLEAR BUT HAVE
NOT SEEN THAT IN SO LONG...FORGOT WHAT IT LOOKED LIKE. BUT IT DOES
LOOK LIKE A MUCH NEEDED DRY PERIOD IN STORE WITH HIGHS GETTING
BACK TO SEASONAL VALUES IN THE MID 60S.

Here you go. Day 16 12z GFS dew points. That's some cold/dry air pushing towards us.

Now I understand that the 18z will show something totally different. It's just the point that that you don't throw the towel in December and January, when it's possible for something to work out. If December has cold/dry air like the 12z depicts good things could happen. 

post-940-0-21710400-1447191573_thumb.jpg

Here you go. Day 16 12z GFS dew points. That's some cold/dry air pushing towards us.

Now I understand that the 18z will show something totally different. It's just the point that that you don't throw the towel in December and January, when it's possible for something to work out. If December has cold/dry air like the 12z depicts good things could happen.

Nice SE ridge! Let's wait on that cold blast to bleed east!? Wait for it, it's a step down process!

:(

Now I understand that the 18z will show something totally different. It's just the point that that you don't throw the towel in December and January, when it's possible for something to work out. If December has cold/dry air like the 12z depicts good things could happen. 

Wow, DPs in 60s and 70s for the SE - severe wx set up? 

We need more good mods, like Buckeye! :)

:wub:  

yay! you got the 'be nice' check so I'm good for another 6 months right?  :lol:  

Agreed.

Thanks sir  :wub:  it means a lot   

Agreedx2!

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:    

I owe you guys a drink(or three) when I'm up there next month  :D

It's November 10th and we already have a warning of sorts in the disco thread. Gotta love the SE forum. We're all adults, right?  :popcorn:  

:lol:   

Archived