joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November Observation Thread

CAD_Wedge_NC

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sitting at 2" of rain since Saturday night here in Macon. This wedge is something. Stiff NE wind with the temperature hovering right around 51 all day. Add in a steady rainfall and it made for a miserable (but fascinating) day.

Man, I cannot wait for one of these in January.

Yep, I'm not complaining :)  I love wet, cold weather, so I hope it continues all winter.  I'm up to 1.6 for the day, 7.4 for the week, and still training over me.  I look north and see the exact opposite of all these past years.  The train is over me, the dregs over Atl and a bit northward, and Tenn is dry.  Something has change in a micro way from past long term storm tracks, and tilts.   All  of this would have been drowning Atl northwards and I'd be getting tenths as far back as 99.  I like that the worm has turned, and hope it stays turned.  I think my mosquito infestation is due to the ground having been wet continually since mid summer.  I'm talking endless damp for months.  If this translates into winter, with some blocking, I might finally get the mid Ga zinger I've not seen since the 80's :)  My fingers are crossed.  I'm happy you are on the train also, as you have had a bunch of lean years too.   Tony

It will be something if we stay this wet all winter, which we should with the el nino in full force. After being so wet this year, it does raise some concern for flooding this winter though.  Hopefully we can get the moisture meet up with the cold a few times...i sure miss it. The last 4 or 5 years have spoiled me lol

Sitting at 2" of rain since Saturday night here in Macon. This wedge is something. Stiff NE wind with the temperature hovering right around 51 all day. Add in a steady rainfall and it made for a miserable (but fascinating) day.

Man, I cannot wait for one of these in January.

I'm now up to 3.9 inches since friday..and around 9.5 inches since the first. Even now it's adding up despite virtually nothing on radar as there is a super duper heavy drizzle/misting rain out there. If this was a subfreezing winter wedge and this was freezing rain, it would be adding up pretty quick on the trees. Despite above average snow the last several years, it seems like classic/Bonefied subfreezing cad events have been in pretty short supply...hopefully we can change that this winter.

Speaking of the wind, the combo of never ending wet conditions and the wind continue to cause problems with trees coming down across the area. News covered a number of them in recent days in atlanta and that is with winds that have not been that strong. one woman near atlanta had two separate trees fall down and hit her house within an hour or two. Good thing the winds haven't been stronger. Just goes to show you though just how saturated the ground has become when what is not much more than a light to moderate breeze is taking down trees.

49F Cloudy, rainy, and breezy

How long before we officially become a maritime climate?  :flood:

It is an interesting thought, as, these past few months have showed that it isn't impossible for a large portion of a continent to shift into an unexpected weather pattern!  :o 

Without typical continental patterns or at least lows from the Pacific side keeping enough momentum to reach this side,

the large Polar low over the north Atlantic seems to have this effect of pulling new lows into existence usually over the Southeast.  it really is like a different airmass has taken its place here for a bit now.

wv-animated.gif

Archived