Newest Member
    joxey
10/28 - 10/29 Wind & Rain event

CapturedNature

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last night tower had 74.2 gust while Davis had 39 at the same time

That's pretty cool to be able to monitor the difference between the two spots. 

The mountain up here gives me the ability to see whats happening aloft, but its on a different scale.  I'd love to have a weather station at ground level, and then see what the winds are doing a couple hundred feet off the deck and free of any friction from vegetation. 

In North Woodstock, CT, near where my family's summer camp is, a neighbor on a hilltop actually built a like 150ft observation tower.  If you are floating out in the lake you can see it sticking way up above the trees.  Full 360 degree views.  The guy has a huge compound on the hill, too.  I was always jealous of his observation tower though...being able to walk stairs up to like 100ft above treetop level in a wind storm?  Sign me up.

Speaking of which, this home is on the market in Woodstock, CT near where our camp is.  This is on Brickyard Road, a nice dirt road I used to run on when training in high school:  Only $45 million (through Coldwell Banker) and this could be yours.  I remember seeing it as it was built, and the guy wanted to open a semi-private zoo in his backyard (he owns a good sized lake on his 45 acres) but the town said no.

ab0ed7e40b7f7ffc31d2884b3cf50057.jpg

He's even got a moat and drawbridge to get there.

woodstock-connecticut-chrismark-castle.j

That's pretty cool to be able to monitor the difference between the two spots.

The mountain up here gives me the ability to see whats happening aloft, but its on a different scale. I'd love to have a weather station at ground level, and then see what the winds are doing a couple hundred feet off the deck and free of any friction from vegetation.

In North Woodstock, CT, near where my family's summer camp is, a neighbor on a hilltop actually built a like 150ft observation tower. If you are floating out in the lake you can see it sticking way up above the trees. Full 360 degree views. The guy has a huge compound on the hill, too. I was always jealous of his observation tower though...being able to walk stairs up to like 100ft above treetop level in a wind storm? Sign me up.

Speaking of which, this home is on the market in Woodstock, CT near where the camp is. This is on Brickyard Road, a nice dirt road I used to run on in high school:

ab0ed7e40b7f7ffc31d2884b3cf50057.jpg

I would need a fair maiden to come with the sale.

Archived