...NEWPORT COUNTY...
NEWPORT 40 1100 PM 10/28 HAM RADIO

...PROVIDENCE COUNTY...
PROVIDENCE 44 836 PM 10/28 HAM RADIO

...WASHINGTON COUNTY...
QUONOCHONTAUG 53 943 PM 10/28 HAM RADIO
CHARLESTOWN 45 837 PM 10/28 HAM RADIO
WESTERLY 42 930 PM 10/28 HAM RADIO

I am not really saying anything other than it was a wild night, geezus. We get it, it wasn't a damaging all out terrible storm for you. It was run of the mill but still pretty wild especially if you were out driving. 

The rain was good..but you really would call it wild? Cape had thunder so pretty dynamic...but given all the reports...not sure wild. A good storm..yes.

The rain was good..but you really would call it wild? Cape had thunder so pretty dynamic...but given all the reports...not sure wild. A good storm..yes.

Wild is a somewhat subjective term. I definitely wouldn't use it for this type of storm but others might.

Can't wait to see the drought report today, trembling in anticipation for Kevs post. anyways nice 2-4 region wide with some good gusts and a decent period last night of sustained. Very very well forecasted event. Good job by the NWS and some local Mets on this one, had the timing down perfect which is essential some times .

Can't wait to see the drought report today, trembling in anticipation for Kevs post. anyways nice 2-4 region wide with some good gusts and a decent period last night of sustained. Very very well forecasted event. Good job by the NWS and some local Mets on this one, had the timing down perfect which is essential some times .

I was probably a bit low with my estimate, it looks like I probably had closer to 1.75 but the wind in the valley was a non issue which was pretty much expected. 5,000 or so power outages is isolated to scattered damage so for a few people it was wild but for most it was a decent storm but didn't produce damage or flooding so it won't really be memorable.

Was out in it. Don't care what an ASOS says. It was gusting over 25.. Honestly who cares.

No one...you just have to look at it from someone outside your area reading the threads, its always entertaining for us.  There's usually two different versions of what is happening between you and MetHerb.

Archived