joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Nippy Novie

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did they back off the cold pattern as much as the op did?

They were warmer after day 8 like the op, but then cooled a bit after day 10.  The GEFS ensembles definitely are warmer than the EC ensembles. It just looks like a lot of volatility.I certainly do not have high confidence despite the overall change. 

They were warmer after day 8 like the op, but then cooled a bit after day 10.  The GEFS ensembles definitely are warmer than the EC ensembles. It just looks like a lot of volatility.I certainly do not have high confidence despite the overall change. 

Starting to get that feeling that the advertised pattern to colder isn't happening. Strong Nino

Interesting look to Euro Ens LR , thats a nice pattern for a cold dump and potential East Coast mischief. The one eye pig is no where in sight. Should get very interesting Turkey day on.

It's there on the ensembles as it tries to push back to AK at the end. However if the EC is right, the models have been rushing it. The GEFS are definitely not as nice as the EPS.

Definitely trending towards a less amplified look and faster cold shot late weekend and early next week.

Sure, and last week on wed and thur the forecast was for a stretch this week of very Mild temps, low to mid 60's for most of the week.  That is certainly not happening either.  Buyer be ware is right!!  Nothing carved in Stone a week out at all!! Change is coming...we just don't know to what degree yet, as Scott has pointed out very plainly.   

It's amazing how we go through this every cold season lol.

My goodness we do...and it's so bothersome too.  Worry or Excitement changes nothing in nature/weather.  You would think one would know, that a model run for 10 days out showing something you like/or dislike, that's flopping back and forth as well, would not be taken to heart, as often as it is.  I realize we all want some excitement/semblance of some type of winter weather(I want it too), but worrying constantly, and Whining with each and every run, is just infantile!!

One says one thing.. One says something completely different lol

No, the only one saying one thing, and then saying another is You Kevin.  One day you say "We Snow."  The next day you are worrying there won't be a snow event, or cold air around.  Chill out!  Worrying and flip flopping constantly gets you nowhere, except frustrated.  

If you're looking for sustained cold and snowy wet dreams to persist on modeling, step away for a while, and rejoin us after the holidays.

For now, we benign, we volatile.

You can already tell the entire tenor of this forum going forward is going to revolve around those who are very confident in February and March vs. those starting to lose as we head through the first half of the winter, haha.

Just ignore Kevin's emotional interpretation of ensemble reports by mets and other hobbyists here. It's his own bizarre way of dealing with uncertainty.

If you read the posts they are pretty clear....Euro ensembles trended a bit warmer for us around D7-8 with a deeper SW trough...but then colder beyond that. It would make sense if the pattern is slowed/amplified a bit. You get a -EPO/Western trough setup which keeps the east warmer, but then eventually the cold does reach us...the slower progression keeps the -EPO around a bit longer....for how long is uncertain. GEFS are different than the Euro ens. GEFS bring us back to a mild pattern in early December while the Euro ens keep it a bit colder, but I wouldn't exactly call it a frigid pattern.

You are going to see model swings in the medium to long range...it's part of meteorology.

You can already tell the entire tenor of this forum going forward is going to revolve around those who are very confident in February and March vs. those starting to lose as we head through the first half of the winter, haha.

Second half of January could be good, too.....but I'm much more confident RE Feb.

Archived