• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November 2015 Discussion

IWXwx

Hard freeze here as well. Low of 28°. 85-90% of the trees bare here, except for the Oaks that hang onto their leaves.

Seen a few bees earlier in the month when it was warmer, but not now. No real insects noticeable this weekend.

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Frost began forming before bedtime last night, so of course this morning we had our heaviest frost of the season.  However, we had a south wind overnight so we only got down to perhaps 32.  We still have not had more than a light freeze.  I still have a couple tender plants blooming, easily the latest ever.  It appears next Saturday morning may be the first widespread hard freeze across Iowa.

Being close to Lake Michigan moderates our temps, so we didn't get a hard freeze this fall until MAYBE last night. (28/29 degrees for the low, so it was close) I would say 75 percent of the mums were still blooming nicely to this weekend. The other 25 percent got zapped during our LAST frost in mid-October.

I have some marigolds still going, but they're right near my pond that is about 50°. High of 52° today. No clouds at all.

I still have a few things bloomed too. So far the frosts have been light. Right now my thermometer is at 29.5F, so we'll see if that hurts anything. Still not a lot of frost anyway.

Being close to Lake Michigan moderates our temps, so we didn't get a hard freeze this fall until MAYBE last night. (28/29 degrees for the low, so it was close) I would say 75 percent of the mums were still blooming nicely to this weekend. The other 25 percent got zapped during our LAST frost in mid-October.

You are doing better than me.  31.9°F is the coldest I have recorded so far this fall.  I am on top of a hill so that helps keep me a little warmer also.

Actually hit 27° at UGN. Had to really scrap the car windows today. 

It did warm up fast though.

More winter storm watch and warnings and WWA for the mountains of the West. That is great news/headlines for them!

Same here. Ended up being a pretty nice day. However, I didn't throw my windows away, just scraped them. lol

Getting a nice little rain here with that compact impulse moving almost due north. Should get a couple of tenths out of it.

Same here. Ended up being a pretty nice day. However, I didn't throw my windows away, just scraped them. lol

Getting a nice little rain here with that compact impulse moving almost due north. Should get a couple of tenths out of it.

Lol, I just realize that typo!

Don't usually use the word much so that's why it took someone to point it out.

53° today for a high, which is only 1° above normal. Just now seeing some clouds in the sky.

Another frost tonight for sure.

Awesome leave picture Snow Freak.  :thumbsup:

A year ago today was the beginning of the best snowstorm I have ever witnessed. Nov 10-12 I received a total of 40", with a jackpot south of me and just north of Ishpeming of 42". 

A different fall this year  with only a couple inches so far and nearly a foot below normal already.

A couple pics from last year.

Archived