Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
November 2015 Discussion

IWXwx

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 100% full sunshine helped a lot, it made it as high as 73 degrees way up in Traverse City.

That is an exceedingly rare stat at DTW. We'll see if it holds through midnight.

If the 0 holds, it will be the first day DTW has seen a skycover of 0 since August 6, 2012! (yes there have been several days with 1 since then).

Heavy drizzle and 0.15 mile visibility at KLOT right now. Same at DKB

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?x=201&y=131&site=lot&zmx=&zmy=&map_x=201&map_y=131#.VjmRtX6rSUk

Yeah, pretty thick out here right now. Visibility about 200 feet, with near zero in areas. Riding down the road, and you pass a telephone pole and cannot see the next one.

Reminds me of the fog you get after a quick warmup over snow covered ground.

Yeah, pretty thick out here right now. Visibility about 200 feet, with near zero in areas. Riding down the road, and you pass a telephone pole and cannot see the next one.

Reminds me of the fog you get after a quick warmup over snow covered ground.

Usually that's the thickest fog you come across. At least from my experiences with winter fog.

Fog is coming now here - seeing a little haze in the air here now.

In all honesty, the fog forming conditions will be better for Northern Indiana/Southern MI tonight, the stuff in Illinois today is wicked.

Yeah tonight when the moisture moves in we are going to have some thick fog, it is what will make 70 hard on Thursday but we will be starting at 56 Thursday morning so we won't have far to climb.

I'm ecstatic about this extremely warm November weather, I'm certain this is the warmest stretch I've seen during this month. Should hopefully reach the big two oh later today (another occurrence I can't recall last) and noticed the low temperature for Thursday cited as 15ºC, that's just ridiculous! That's quite a bit higher than the average high for the same date and within record high striking distance. A ton of strange flies coming out of the woodwork outside.

I'm not sure if you mean that literally, but if so, yes, really, I have seen a lot of strange flies. Been taking advantage of the weather to ride my bike to work. Have seen some weird flies the last few days I've never seen before. Like a cross between a sweat bee, a fly, and a yellow jacket. Must be some weird critter that is thriving in the late warmth because it has already lost a natural predator to one of the freezes. Or something like that.

Those are exactly the critters I saw, they were clustered on the edge of a deck near vegetation and they were elongated in shape and had thin but good sized wings on them that they didn't use. Just crawling in a bunch on the surface making a light sound.

That fog was awful to drive in. Traveled from OKC back to KLOT last night and endured 7 hours of "3 dash marks ahead of me on the road" fog. The second the sun set the fog cracked it's knuckles and went to work.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Archived