• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
First snow flakes of season this PM in Chester County PA

ChescoWx

Great day for virga across the area yesterday. A couple of showers of rain, soft hail and snow in

NW Chesco. When the snow first started it was 49.1 degrees, the warmest I've ever seen it snow.

Huge snowflakes that splattered when they hit. Hopefully this October snow doesn't jinx the rest

of the winter. 28.6 degrees this morning with an icy deck.

Great day for virga across the area yesterday. A couple of showers of rain, soft hail and snow in

NW Chesco. When the snow first started it was 49.1 degrees, the warmest I've ever seen it snow.

Huge snowflakes that splattered when they hit. Hopefully this October snow doesn't jinx the rest

I share your hope. For this area, If there's no accumulation it shouldn't. :lmao:

Could help with the myth busting this winter. 1979 and 2011 bad winters 2009 good winter 2015?

2008 we had a bout of freezing rain and ice pellets before Halloween that was an average winter.

Agreed, Ralph!

I don't know if there's any meteorologic support for it, but it seems accumulating snows prior to Thanksgiving is a bad sign (2011, 2008, 1989, 1987, just to think of a few off the top of my head).

But dustings or light coatings in late Nov can be a good sign -- 1995, 2010 and 2013 come to mind. My own weenie rule of thumb is: No snows of greater than 2" prior to 12/5.

Archived