SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
4th Annual Fall/Winter Thread for the Mountains/Foothills

Met1985

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations to the Asheville area peeps.  It's nice that you're getting such a good snow when the French Broad Valley typically underwhelms in the snowfall department.  Nice pics, Strong!

I have somewhere between 2.5 and 3 inches of snowfall/sleet here at my house.  It's been very spotty for the last couple of hours.  Hoping the forcing will increase soon, but it's looking like we will not make our forecasted totals of 8+ inches at this point.  There will have to be some very heavy bands to turn this around.  But, it's snow.  And for that, I am thankful.

Congratulations to the Asheville area peeps.  It's nice that you're getting such a good snow when the French Broad Valley typically underwhelms in the snowfall department.  Nice pics, Strong!

I have somewhere between 2.5 and 3 inches of snowfall/sleet here at my house.  It's been very spotty for the last couple of hours.  Hoping the forcing will increase soon, but it's looking like we will not make our forecasted totals of 8+ inches at this point.  There will have to be some very heavy bands to turn this around.  But, it's snow.  And for that, I am thankful.

Bands that are pulsating S to N will start moving east and affecting you later today. Not going to make any predictions for totals but you've got more coming for sure!

Recent HRRR looks good for you Calc.

http://weather.graphics/hrrr/2016012214/nc/hrrr_2016012214_ref_nc.gif

As of now, still coming SW-NE. The warp around should be sweet as it changes directions.

Just font think it's gonna workout for me here on this one. After a lull the precip has picked up but it's mostly rain, we have been mixing since around 7 after getting about 3 inches. It almost never works out to have the cold come from the NE this far west. Hopefully we can get a true miller a and not have to worry about mixing.

Snow has picked up again.

Band after band is pivoting up from the S. It's going to be a great event for you! More on the way & GSP thinks so also!

Today
Snow. Patchy fog. High near 29. South southeast wind 11 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.
Tonight
Snow. Patchy fog. Low around 24. North northwest wind 5 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.

Band after band is pivoting up from the S. It's going to be a great event for you! More on the way & GSP thinks so also!

Today
Snow. Patchy fog. High near 29. South southeast wind 11 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.
Tonight
Snow. Patchy fog. Low around 24. North northwest wind 5 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.

Good find Don. They were 2-4 tonight. I'll take 3-5. That's encouraging.

Correct. Upped me to 2-4  tonight after 5-9" today. At 5" now so....

Today
Tonight

Archived