• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate NY/North Country + adjacent ON, QC, VT: End of Fall/Into Winter!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ended up with about 7", and it probably should have been a warning in northern Erie - nice little bonus snow. Unless something drifts south this week, that's probably it for a while.

We had 8.5" here thanks to those earlier intense rates we had at the onset.

Wrf 18 z did it again. Most of monroe county burried. Gives .50. To. 1.25 for county.

Another solid run for Orleans/Monroe county, let's see if we can keep the trend going..

15noww3.png

a0b403.png

Ended up with about 7", and it probably should have been a warning in northern Erie - nice little bonus snow. Unless something drifts south this week, that's probably it for a while.

Nice! I think you should get some minor snows with some Huron/Ontario bands that will cross most of Upstate. By Weds there is another clipper with some lake enhanced/Effect stuff on SW flow again.

namconus_ref_us_24.png

We had 8.5" here thanks to those earlier intense rates we had at the onset.

Another solid run for Orleans/Monroe county, let's see if we can keep the trend going..

15noww3.png

a0b403.png

Wow, those are both great runs for me, which is very rare! I've seen this setup a few times and done well, but I won't get my hopes up just yet though. Upstream connections from Superior/Huron are a long shot to predict with any real accuracy, but I have seen nearly the exact same band orientation about 2 times since I bought my current home in 2007 (I wish I could remember the specific dates).

Wow, those are both great runs for me, which is very rare! I've seen this setup a few times and done well, but I won't get my hopes up just yet though. Upstream connections from Superior/Huron are a long shot to predict with any real accuracy, but I have seen nearly the exact same band orientation about 2 times since I bought my current home in 2007 (I wish I could remember the specific dates).

Hopefully you get hit good!

BTV's WRF is typically very good. It's not great outside 48 hours, but it's actually one of the best to use in terms of consistency/placement. 

I never see really good success with it. Maybe within 24 hours. I mean 4" of QPF in Orleans county? Will see if it verifies and Albion gets 30" of snow based on 1.82" of QPF. Maybe placement, but certainly not QPF or intensity forecast...It's downright terrible at it.

0z GFS and NAM both backed off south shore LES accums for next 48 hrs as compared to 18z runs. But these are the low resolution models. It's obs time. I'm very bullish for anyone living in Northern Wayne county. Someone there sees over 12"! Monroe and Orleans are tricky. It could be Webster gets 6" while Henriettia gets 1". Go time for Rochester region looks to be sometime later tomorrow afternoon. As for the BIG storm, wouldn't it be odd if Virginia was the area of biggest snow after all of the NE has had a snow drought? Can't see this thing busting all previous trends and going South. I think and hope it trends NW.

Looking at RAP wind direction for next 18 hrs look west to wnw. I know it sounds like I'm hatin on snow but this just doesn't look great for Rochester. looking realistically at recent data, our best chance will be Tuesday AM. I wish I shared your enthusiasm Tim123 and many local Roc mets. I do hope I'm wrong. I gotta move to Hannibal or Syracuse. Tired of Kroc LES snow hole! I have Tuesday off, I'll try and find the snow and take some pics.

I never see really good success with it. Maybe within 24 hours. I mean 4" of QPF in Orleans county? Will see if it verifies and Albion gets 30" of snow based on 1.82" of QPF. Maybe placement, but certainly not QPF or intensity forecast...It's downright terrible at it.

It's not great with QPF totals but then again any extremely hi-res models perform perfectly and there's not a true way to measure QPF unless you have someone taking a core sample. It doesn't handle Erie bands as well from what I've seen. 

FWIW, it had about 0.75" with last event and it's placement was pretty close

Archived