• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2015/16 Autumn/Winter Banter, Complaint, Whining Thread

HillsdaleMIWeather

One would think you don't park your cars on a frozen lake at the end of March...Oh, wait.....

:P

Down with the stomach flu this weekend. I can never keep anything down and my wife is worried about dehydration and running me to the ER. How do you guys stay hydrated when you have this horrible virus?

The flu is going around like crazy in this state, my two nephews are both sick here at home. I just know I am going to catch it even after feeling like crap all last week from a cold.

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The flu is going around like crazy in this state, my two nephews are both sick here at home. I just know I am going to catch it even after feeling like crap all last week from a cold.

Yeah, it seems like in the past 2 weeks, it has really gotten bad. I am feeling better now, so fortunately it was a 24 hour thing. I slept for 18 hours, so now I am wide awake at 4:30 in the morning!

79ec6d0ea7239cb058ed813bc515c827.jpg

Somebody is having a bad day. In lake geneva wi about an hour ago.

Doh!

Yeah it's pretty common to have people parking on the ice during winter fest - been there before. Really stupid doing it this year though with all the up and down temperatures the last month. Good thing this isn't the deep end of the lake. Further west down the lake, it drops right off from the shore. Those vehicles would have disappeared completely.

Entire video about the incident.

http://fox6now.com/2016/02/06/breaking-several-cars-fall-through-ice-at-lake-genevas-winterfest/

New GFS says pretty much nothing worth a squat to track through late Feb.  This is hands down the most awful met winter for snow I've ever seen.  No matter what happens in March this winter overall is looking like an F+ at best at this point.  

4.5" of snow since Nov 22 lol.  

I got out on my road bike today and it just felt odd. Usually when I get a chance to go out this time of year I'll have to deal with snow piles and ice along the sidewalks and intersections, but there was nothing. This is about as boring as weather gets. 

New GFS says pretty much nothing worth a squat to track through late Feb.  This is hands down the most awful met winter for snow I've ever seen.  No matter what happens in March this winter overall is looking like an F+ at best at this point.  

4.5" of snow since Nov 22 lol.  

GGEM wanting to tease the Toronto crew with an absolute monster storm towards the end of its run. Snow totals are >20" lol.

Why would ANYONE want this pattern? The cold snap that's advertised on the models would probably be transient and dry.

I don't blame anyone one bit for wanting to skip straight to spring. This pattern would be awesome for severe weather, just not in winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't do anything with severe besides observe it. We have like 6 month for that. Winter is a short sliver of the year.

If I didn't have any winter hobbies, I probably won't waste my time with anything but big dogs like ALEK. But the melting in 6 hour deal I don't get.

Btw... most cold spells are transient. It's the same with heat waves, they generally settle back to normal after they move through.

I don't understand all of this transient cold talk.  It fell below freezing here today and it is not expected to get above 30° for the next seven days. In fact, it may not get out of single digits at the end of the week. 7+ days of 5-25° below normal temps doesn't sound transient to me.

Archived