Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2015/16 Autumn/Winter Banter, Complaint, Whining Thread

HillsdaleMIWeather

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol Geos, the way it 'turned around' last year I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. Mostly cold and dry locally, never actually saw 'heavy' snow while those just south and in Boston and much of New England had at least a couple significant storms. As for Cyclone's mention of solace for Minneapolis it looks like they're going to get a whopping one inch from this week's storm, certainly won't satisfy most winter lovers.

I listen to his crap too mainly for laughs but its content to help waste time in this boring weather.

Actually his vid this morning was the first one I've seen since the first week I signed up.  I actually watched it because someone in the MA forum said JB sounded like he was throwing up the white flag on winter.   I had to check it out myself. lol.   

I do like the weather models on that site though.  Seriously one of the best for graphics and content.   I'll cancel subscription in March, like every year.

Lol Geos, the way it 'turned around' last year I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. Mostly cold and dry locally, never actually saw 'heavy' snow while those just south and in Boston and much of New England had at least a couple significant storms. As for Cyclone's mention of solace for Minneapolis it looks like they're going to get a whopping one inch from this week's storm, certainly won't satisfy most winter lovers.

Yeah you got shafted last winter. There was like a wall between Milwaukee and Racine that kept most of the snow south it seemed. I was just able to get over the average for snowfall. It was slow going at times.

I remember when JB was free.

I do too.  I think he was more accurate when he was free lol.   He use to have a column every Saturday where he would look at the week ahead and broke the entire country into regions.  It was actually a good column.   The most classic videos were the point counter point he use to do with Ken Reeves, (r.i.p.)

If we can get some deeper moisture. Looks like there will be good instability.

About sums up our sad LES season ytd, finally get a quick decent shot of colder air but the moisture will definitely be lacking combined with veering winds should limit accumulation. Lake Superior belts will do very well however where the better rh resides.

Also wanted to say this looks like a pretty good setup for Erie and Ontario. Buffalo area will see their first snow of the season??

Bought a set of new snow tires for the new vehicle back in July.  Was planning on putting them on around Thanksgiving.  The snowstorm back in Nov hit on the 21st and made it through that on the stock tires.  Since the weather has been so mild thereafter I still haven't put them on.  Looks like we probably won't have to deal with driving in snow until January.  May just opt to try to make it through the winter on the stock tires since a large chunk of the winter will be passed by then.  Will be nice to save miles on those snow tires, as they don't last as long as all seasons.  The softer rubber compound wears faster.  So this warm and snowless start to met winter will help extend the life of those tires, as they will still be brand new and ready for next winter.  

Did the NCEP models have a resolution upgrade within the last few days?

They changed something in the model. I don't know what exactly, it looks like the grid spacing has changed. Like they went to a NAM type grid spacing, problem with that is, every gust of air is turning into a short wave at 500mb which is clearly going to screw with the model output. I mean the long range NAM is bad, now I don't know what to think of the GFS in the long range.

Archived