SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
October Banter 2015

Snowless in Carrollton

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Washington Post has great article about how Greg Fishel is railing against the partisan divisiveness in climate change discussions and disregard for the science.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/capital-weather-gang/wp/2015/10/12/ex-republican-meteorologist-calls-for-end-to-partisan-divide-over-climate-science/

Washington Post has great article about how Greg Fishel is railing against the partisan divisiveness in climate change discussions and disregard for the science.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/capital-weather-gang/wp/2015/10/12/ex-republican-meteorologist-calls-for-end-to-partisan-divide-over-climate-science/

Greg's facebook post was good one.

hey guys, I am writing a paper for my ENGL 1101 class and I am having trouble ordering my paper and how I want it presented to the audience, here is my thesis statement: In order to achieve an intermediate understanding of Cold air damming, one must examine the properties and characteristics that pertain to the three type of CAD.

hey guys, I am writing a paper for my ENGL 1101 class and I am having trouble ordering my paper and how I want it presented to the audience, here is my thesis statement: In order to achieve an intermediate understanding of Cold air damming, one must examine the properties and characteristics that pertain to the three type of CAD.

What are the 3 types? Classic, hybrid, and in-situ?

Models are really getting detailed. On  Meteogram , the 12z GFS is showing me getting 0.0008" of rain next Wed night!!! the 12z NAM is more aggressive and 12 hours earlier with 0.0012".  :D

I'd play it safe. Go with the higher total and upgrade your flood insurance.

loving the the first paragraph of RaysWeather.Com 2015-2016 Winter Fearless Forecast so funny !!! 

t's that time of year--leaves change, temperatures gradually fall, October festivals occur every weekend, some folks eagerly wish for coldest winter in the history of the world, and some media outlets always satisfy the snow hounds with forecasts of “the worst winter ever”. If you have been reading our forecasts for many years, you know we do not always satisfy the desires of the snow hounds; however, this year we will.

http://averyweather.com/public/FearlessForecast.pdf 

loving the the first paragraph of RaysWeather.Com 2015-2016 Winter Fearless Forecast so funny !!!

t's that time of year--leaves change, temperatures gradually fall, October festivals occur every weekend, some folks eagerly wish for coldest winter in the history of the world, and some media outlets always satisfy the snow hounds with forecasts of “the worst winter ever”. If you have been reading our forecasts for many years, you know we do not always satisfy the desires of the snow hounds; however, this year we will.

http://averyweather.com/public/FearlessForecast.pdf

is there anyone who seriously wishes for the coldest winter ever ? I love snow but I'm not too crazy about extreme cold temps.

I'm moving to Lithia Springs / Douglasville. Out of the city into the country. The Mariettawx handle will be retired. Moving further south and west away from the snow. Instead of 2.5 inch average it probably drops to under 2. Moving out toward the snowstorm zone between BMX and FFC forecasts. I can constantly ask why there are watches to my west and not imby!

I'm moving to Lithia Springs / Douglasville. Out of the city into the country. The Mariettawx handle will be retired. Moving further south and west away from the snow. Instead of 2.5 inch average it probably drops to under 2. Moving out toward the snowstorm zone between BMX and FFC forecasts. I can constantly ask why there are watches to my west and not imby!

You and snowstorm2011 can be bff's! :)

It's probably better to be west of Atlanta then east. With a lot of these SE storm it's really a crap shoot for where your located. You might end up with 6" of snow whereas Marietta gets 3".

Geostrophic and Cyclostrophic winds. This stuff is great. Love learning about weather. The chart we had to analyze were 500mb charts, water vapor, thickness charts, and Vorticity charts and were from October 2005. We also had to do Continuity on the charts and the timeframe was from Oct 16-24. The charts we analyzed were in the northern hemisphere and look at the timeframe I posted. Hurricane Wilma freaking exploded lol. Cool seeing it change day by day.

Welcome to West Georgia ! We can share in each other's misery this winter while Marietta and Dallas and points north get lots of snow :)

Archived